MIDX-10 Its here!

Started by Bill Ruppert, November 14, 2015, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenact

Quote from: Elantric on November 29, 2015, 08:25:03 PM
We only recommend the newer UM -ONE MKII

I have a UM-1ex, and about 7 different PCs, all running Windows 10 x64. The UM-1ex runs on some, but not others.

I'm going to try something funky. I've copied all the Registry entries from a PC where it works, and I'm going to import them to the registry of a PC where it doesn't work.

I've also copied all the inf, dll and exe files.

I'll let you know how I make out.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

gumtown

Quote from: kenact on October 27, 2020, 03:49:24 PM
I have a UM-1ex, and about 7 different PCs, all running Windows 10 x64. The UM-1ex runs on some, but not others.

I'm going to try something funky. I've copied all the Registry entries from a PC where it works, and I'm going to import them to the registry of a PC where it doesn't work.

I've also copied all the inf, dll and exe files.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Interesting, I guess some Windows PC's have different USB chipsets which might not be compatible,
have you tried the UM-One DIP switch in the 'other position'?

Copying Windows Registry entries from one computer to another...
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

kenact

Quote from: gumtown on October 27, 2020, 04:19:05 PM
Interesting, I guess some Windows PC's have different USB chipsets which might not be compatible,
have you tried the UM-One DIP switch in the 'other position'?

There are only 2 switches, the Advanced Driver and the Midi Thru. Even when I used it on Windows 7, the Advanced Driver switch didn't work in the ON position.

Fortunately, my guinea pig computer has the same user name as the computer I exported the registry entries from. That's important because some of the registry entries reference the user profile.

I'll report back soon.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

admin

If your computer has a mix of USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports  - always use the USB 2.0 ports 1st for UM-ONE MKII connections

many USB 3.0 chipsets do not support USB Audio / MIDI devices properly ( intel)

Windows PC USB 3.0 compatible chipsets for Audio Interfaces
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8562.0

gumtown

Quote from: kenact on October 27, 2020, 06:13:27 PM
There are only 2 switches, the Advanced Driver and the Midi Thru. Even when I used it on Windows 7, the Advanced Driver switch didn't work in the ON position.

Fortunately, my guinea pig computer has the same user name as the computer I exported the registry entries from. That's important because some of the registry entries reference the user profile.

I'll report back soon.

In the "Advanced driver On" position, the UM-One uses the downloaded Roland USB midi device driver (for Windows 7, auto install on Windows 10),
and the "Advanced driver Off" position makes it run as a USB class compliant device.
You do need to unplug the USB device before changing the DIP switch position.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

kenact

Quote from: kenact on October 27, 2020, 06:13:27 PM

I'll report back soon.

Oh well. :(

Time to try another tack.

I exported every registry entry that referenced UM-1, all 32.

I created any missing registry keys, and imported all the entries I exported.

I created the missing FileRepository folder, and restored all the files from the working computer.

Searching through the Registry, it appears I may have some remnants of a previous attempted install. I may have to carefully go through and remove all UM-1 references and give it another go round.

More to follow.
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
Sentient 6