Must Have Accessory List for Mobile Guitarists

Started by Elantric, March 29, 2014, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Joined a new band, and when learning cover tunes it really speeds things up by easily playing reference music for each song the band is learning = so we capture the origial tune's groove.

Been using just a house Fender Princeton Reverb Custom (with Celestion 12" Greeenback)  and small pedal board.

Its been very easy to just stream the tune we are learning  from my smartphone into this W-KING D8 Portable outdoor (Beer proof) Bluetooth Speaker.
$65
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Speakers-W-KING-Waterproof/dp/B083K35R9D/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B083K35R9D&psc=1

Can compete with the drummer and full band at full volume , with clean high decibel audio.

"Does it also work as a portable FRFR Speaker for a Guitar Modelller using its wired Aux Input ?"

No, because its DSP Speaker Managment requires 100 millseconds latency, making it useless for live guitar

50W Punchy Bass & HD Sound - Get a 50w output power and the latest state-of-the-art 4 drivers (2 passive subwoofers and 2 tweeters) and double passive bass radiators are located on the right and left side of the loud bluetooth speaker producing punchy and deep bass. With the loud bluetooth speaker, you'll feel as if you're at a live concert, with clear high notes, deep bass and true HD sound
100W Powerful True Wireless Stereo Sound - Easily pair two portable speakers, creating left and right channels. Upgrade 100W stereo surround sound immediately. The portable speaker bring sound to life for a fantastically dynamic Audio experience
IPX6 Waterproof & Power Bank - The waterproof bluetooth speaker is not only sturdy and shockproof but also IPX6 waterproof, dustproof and sandproof. Up to 24 hours of playtime, there is a massive 8000mAh built-in power bank that will charge your iPhone, Android smartphone, tablet, iPad or action camera. Take it with you on your camping trip or beach party!
Advanced Bluetooth 5.0 & Hands-Free Calling - With V5.0 outdoor bluetooth speaker, never worry about sudden Bluetooth disconnection while using! Have a wireless connection range of 100ft, creating a fast and stable signal transmission. The built-in microphone also provides a hands-free of your call. Included 3.5mm audio jacks and USB Drive / External charger port. Please use a 5V 2.0A power adapter (not included) to charge your outdoor bluetooth speaker
Equalizer & One-touch NFC - Take your sound quality into your own hands with the built-in equalizer (indoor and outdoor mode). Adjust your audio signal, find the right balance, and enjoy deep bass, clear mids, and crisp treble. NFC connection allows you to pair your smartphone with your portable speaker by simply touching it (NFC Only for Android)

admin

Must have cable accessory kit for mobile practice

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01NADCFTI?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Elantric

Ive played private partys where suddenly someone wants to feed their own music from their iPhone into our bands PA - but no 3.5mm headphone output on new iPhones

Problem solver

Bluetooth Transmitter or Receiver

Carry in your Gig bag with appropriate adapter cable to feed Aux Inputs on Your PA

Set as a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter to feed stereo audio from older devices, recorders, backing track players headphone output into new Guitar MFX that lack a wired Aux Input, and only have a Bluetooth Audio  Receiver (Boss GX-100,Boss ME-90 equipped with Boss BT-Dual adapter)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2W7BW5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

🚗2-in-1 Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver: Portable aux bluetooth adapter for car can turn your favorite old non-Bluetooth device into a modern wireless Bluetooth device.

Stable and Fast Transmission: Bluetooth car adapter uses Bluetooth 5.0 chip to maintain a stable connection. Low power consumption, high speed, and stable signal transmission make listening to songs smoother. Enjoy a new wireless audio experience at any time.
🎵 Compact Design for Easy Portability: The AUX Bluetooth adapter takes up little space, so you can take it anywhere. Connect it to your vehicle, speakers, or any headphone jack, and the 3.5mm jack design gives you no tangled cords to untangle.

🎵AptX Low Latency: Hands-free Bluetooth call and navigator voice via built-in microphone; Bluetooth headphone adapter
4-hour continuous work via the built-in li-ion rechargeable 140mAh battery.

shannonrichards

Elantric

If you play frequently, and play different guitars,  you break strings and often end up with several open sets of similar  gauge strings , but it gets tough distinguishing E,B,G strings in string boxes that now have just 4, 5 strings left

Sort them at home  by measuring their actual gauge with this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145423271003

Elantric

G7 Capo.

I play twice a week these days, and I hate capos, as most throw the guitar out of tune, and slow the show .

I had been using a D'Addario  Ned Stenberger Tri Action
capo, but recently recieved a

G7th Performance 3 Capo with ART.

Amazing, as the G7 Capo design auto conforms to your guitars fretboard radius, and after a few minutes of use , its a joy to be able to slap the G7 capo on any fret along the neck and play specific guitar parts in tune -  Lifetime Warranty = no wonder they cost more

Highly recommended!

HecticArt

I'll have to check out a G7.
I've got a Ned too. It's better than some, but still requires time to tune with (and after) use.
I've never managed to figure out how people that move a capo 4 or 5 times a set manage to do it without stopping to tune all the time.

Segovia said "Guitarists spend half of their lives tuning, and the other half playing out of tune."

That seems optimistic to me.......