Boss Katana 50

Started by Dyna, January 10, 2018, 08:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyna

Hi
I'm new here hoping to learn a little more about my new Katana 50.
I'm wondering if anyone here records their Katana directly via USB into their computer using Audacity. I normally mic my recordings with a Scarlett Solo and a Shur mic and just looking into this option but can't get it connected. I have the amp to upgraded to version 2 and have all the appropriate drivers downloaded. Audacity recognizes the Katana recording device but I'm not getting any recording volume from the amp. Can anyone help with setting up up my settings?

admin

Quote from: Dyna on January 10, 2018, 08:35:26 AM
Hi
I'm new here hoping to learn a little more about my new Katana 50.
I'm wondering if anyone here records their Katana directly via USB into their computer using Audacity. I normally mic my recordings with a Scarlett Solo and a Shur mic and just looking into this option but can't get it connected. I have the amp to upgraded to version 2 and have all the appropriate drivers downloaded. Audacity recognizes the Katana re coring device but I'm not getting any recording volume from the amp. Can anyone help with setting up up my settings?

On Windows - Audacity does not recognize any ASIO audio devices  - which includes the Katana.

Search on how to implement ASIO support on Audacity
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/ASIO_Audio_Interface

- or use a different audio app ( N-Ttrack, Traction, Reaper, Cubase,   

Dyna

Thanks. I'll look into that.