GP10 - You Said There'd Be Dancing

Started by mchad, June 20, 2015, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Kevin M

"It's got a funky beat and I can bug out to it!"  :-)

thebrushwithin

mchad

Quote from: Kevin M on June 20, 2015, 11:11:21 PM
"It's got a funky beat and I can bug out to it!"  :-)

I had to Google that.  :)

BackDAWman

I like it!! Nice playing.

The GP-10 is truly an excellent bit of gear.

abhijitnath

mchad

Quote from: abhijitnath on June 21, 2015, 09:12:40 PM
This is super!

Patch? Pretty please?

Thanks!
I used several patches. Hard to remember them as I work fast when I get going. The intro riff is just patch 01 played staccato fashion on an E second fret D string. But also flicking onto the F# in front of it but with a light touch (like plucking a harmonic). The main riff in the dancey bit is triple tracked. In the centre is Synth Bass and at right is PrimitiveSqr (user patch). At left I don't remember. The E9 chord funk is a user patch called Guitar and Flute! Cool.

The rock section chord prog is one or two of the excellent stock crunch patches. Double tracked. The riffs would be with the Adrenalinn added to get some filtery tones. The solo I can't remember the patch but that was a one take fluke. I'll never be able to repeat that.  :-\   The bass tone is the GP10 with some plug in EQ from Izotope Alloy 2. Best bass sound I have ever gotten I think. It has body and clarity. Not mush like I usually get.

The quieter breakdown is cool. The Adrenalinn for the sequenced sounding riff with a synth sound from the GP10. The GP10 Nice Pad for the synthy bed underneath. The clean chord arpeggio is SuperModulate I think. Bass sound I can't remember but a bit mushy. hmmm... :-\  For the lead lines it sounds like an octave down patch with parked wah.

The fade out is mostly reversed dancey riff plus some other nonsense riff.

Overall a decent demo I suppose of the GP10. Some cool user patches in there too so thanks to those guys. Can't forget the Adrenalinn.  ;)  I'm hoping the SY300 has a good sequencer and midi sync.