Antares AutoTune / Modeling at 2015 NAMM

Started by vanceg, January 06, 2015, 11:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanceg

I'll be there Friday-Sunday, Elantric.  Let's get together for sure!  Some interesting news in the world of weird multichannel sustainer devices I'd love to share and I'd love to pick your brain about the Antares Auto Tune (I'll be picking their brains too).

V~

drbill

Any update from Antares about price/availability of their pedal?
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

Pete1959

Many thanks for the reporting Elantric.

The items I will be saving for will be the Antares GT-1 and depending on what other funds I can get, looking into the Turbosound offerings.

I sold my GR-55, kept my GP-10, and now to focus on the above.
Appreciate the feedback and tips we get on the forum.

Elantric

This year NAMM is very well attended,  took me over 2 hours to get a parking spot. Met up with Vance G and saw Paul Vo's latest sustainer. Amazing!

Then we headed up to see Antares ATG-1 where Thomas Nordegg was and we had a bit of a pow wow, with several "wow" moments.

And I found a perfect 1966 Gibson SG clone in the basement for $100

Two more days

whippinpost91850

Love to here about the "Wow" moments at Antares

vanceg

Yeah, I'd say there were some WOW moments at Antares.  Steve is right - the modeling on the ATG-1 is the best I've ever heard.  Hands down.  The acoustics sound like acoustics.  Seriously. 

It also became clear that the ATG-1 has a lot of tricks up it's sleeve that are either not documented, or just not fully implemented yet.  The most important to me was the fact that it's stereo and allows for string panning (something I love to do). 

I also found out that it's really got two pitch shifters per string (this is how they create the 12 string effect, of course).  But this implies that a lot of cool tricks could be done with pitch shifting.  It may not just be for "tuning and 12 strings and capos"  I am hopeful that at some point they will put in harmonization into this unit. 

What was really nice to see is:  The development team seems to be really into this product - I was afraid that since Antares made its money on vocal processing, this would really be a neglected side project.  It sure didn't seem like it from the attention it was getting form the development team and the CEO.

I'm looking for good things from this product line.

Quote from:  Elantric on January 24, 2015, 08:16:04 AM
This year NAMM is very well attended,  took me over 2 hours to get a parking spot. Met up with Vance G and saw Paul Vo's latest sustainer. Amazing!

Then we headed up to see Antares ATG-1 where Thomas Nordegg was and we had a bit of a pow wow, with several "wow" moments.

And I found a perfect 1966 Gibson SG clone in the basement for $100

Two more days

aliensporebomb

Quote from:  vanceg on January 28, 2015, 06:07:01 PM
Yeah, I'd say there were some WOW moments at Antares.  Steve is right - the modeling on the ATG-1 is the best I've ever heard.  Hands down.  The acoustics sound like acoustics.  Seriously. 

It also became clear that the ATG-1 has a lot of tricks up it's sleeve that are either not documented, or just not fully implemented yet.  The most important to me was the fact that it's stereo and allows for string panning (something I love to do). 

I also found out that it's really got two pitch shifters per string (this is how they create the 12 string effect, of course).  But this implies that a lot of cool tricks could be done with pitch shifting.  It may not just be for "tuning and 12 strings and capos"  I am hopeful that at some point they will put in harmonization into this unit. 

What was really nice to see is:  The development team seems to be really into this product - I was afraid that since Antares made its money on vocal processing, this would really be a neglected side project.  It sure didn't seem like it from the attention it was getting form the development team and the CEO.

I'm looking for good things from this product line.

I so want to try it.  Any word on price?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

vanceg

drbill

GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

Elantric

MIDI Designer Pro for iPad controls the Antares AutoTuneforGuitar DSP Luthier kir installed in a Les Paul Guitar with Auto-Tune by Antares. Demo performed by the skilled Robin Macomber.

This is a private demo performed at NAMM, 2013 and filmed by me, Dan Rosenstark. I am the author of MIDI Designer.

MIDI Designer: Designer your perfect MIDI controller for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.