Small, programmable MIDI-controllable reverb or delay/reverb

Started by mooncaine, February 24, 2018, 04:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

I'm thinking of breaking down my vg-99's functions into modules (if I find a good deal on a GP-10). I'd need a small, programmable MIDI-controllable reverb. Preferably, it'd be delay and reverb. Ideally, it's a cheap piece of old gear, like a used Alesis reverb.

I don't want a rack unit if I can avoid it, and I'm looking for a garage-sale solution, inexpensive cuz it's just for experimenting.

Got any recommendations for me? I recall liking a friend's small Alesis 'verb back in the 80s. It had 2 effects I'm looking for: reverse reverb and gated reverb.

I see this Alesis Wedge. What do you think of it?

https://reverb.com/item/9685076-alesis-wedge?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9Mfws-C_2QIVUUsNCh1Iwg8-EAkYDCABEgKRFfD_BwE&pla=1

What else comes to mind? I have a rackmount Peavey whose memory has rotted (maybe a battery inside it has died) but it's too big for me to bother with using for this idea.

Elantric

sixeight

QuoteBut in my case, Id sell gear and get the open box 2018 Line-6 HX Effects for $539

The HXFX is the perfect addition to any Roland /Boss multi fx. I probably would have bought it, if I hadn't just gotten the full Helix...

GP10 + HXFX should be great. You can even disable the speaker on the GP10 and load an IR on the HXFX! Something I gave been wanting to do for a long time, but was quite expensive to get. With the HXFX it is a breeze.

mooncaine

That's a cool pedal, but far from the mark. I'm looking for an inexpensive reverb that gives reverse and gated, lets me dial all the way wet, and (ideally) isn't a rack module.