Katana - running stereo

Started by Stevie F, March 11, 2017, 09:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie F

hi as anyone used the katana in stereo using 2  boss amps or  1 katana and 1 another d  brand? would love to hear from you regards Stephen

mchad

I've got two Katana 100 combos in stereo. At the moment I've got a touch of chorus and delay on one and a bit of vibrato and a modulated delay on the other. The delay times are different but create a nice rhythm. A sweet tone with some width.

I've got a Source Audio Nemesis delay on the way and that will take over the role of principal delay/mod generator. I may get some other Source Audio stuff as well because their little eco system of effects seems to present a complete solution for my needs.

Stevie F

Hi have you tried going  1 wet  & 1 dry? If so what waa tge setting you used on the dry amp to get maximum clarity?i am concidering buying another 100 combo for this but heard they  dont work well to gether stereo what your opinion cheers Stevie66

mchad

Quote from: Stevie F on March 27, 2017, 06:01:08 PM
Hi have you tried going  1 wet  & 1 dry? If so what waa tge setting you used on the dry amp to get maximum clarity?i am concidering buying another 100 combo for this but heard they  dont work well to gether stereo what your opinion cheers Stevie66

No I haven't tried the 1 wet 1 dry set up. 2 wet is my preferred. I use pedals for my effects. I just got a Nemesis delay and it is mighty. I just finished a home demo of the Katanas and the Nemesis. I'll put the link in the Examples section. Source Audio also make some dirt pedals that have stereo outs and you can have a different tone left and right. That's cool.

Stevie F

Hi  i am to buy another 100 for my wet dry rig  were would i put the looper in the chain i am using am to use blue sky in the fx loop? If you know or anyone else knows please let me know thank you for replying to my post