Gittler Guitar Demonstration - Check it out!

Started by imall41, October 12, 2012, 06:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imall41

A new 13 pin heavyweight enters the arena.
Got to be heavyweight $'s too !
"Titanium Unobtainium"
Looks cool though (-:

http://gittlerinstruments.com/gittler-guitar

(Below is quoted from audiofanzine.com)

" Gittler Guitar
By TonyBruno on 10/09/2012 at 10:57:00
Gittler Instruments announces its launch of the new Gittler Guitar, invented in the 1970s by musician and minimalist designer Allan Gittler.

60 models were released in the 1980s.

Allan Gittler's goal was to "dispel the common misconceptions which have been embraced by guitar players dating back to the 1930s." As such, he tried to banish the traditional notions of what a guitar "should" be, by methodically stripping away all that was unnecessary and redundant down to its most essential elements.

Featured in the New York Museum of Modern Art and Boston Fine Arts Museum, the instrument, consisting of 31 frets, is a minimalist design incorporating rounded cylindrical and ergonomic features. The new Gittler guitar is made of aircraft grade Titanium and boasts features including:

Electronics box (Ebox)
Six individual pickups
Hexaphonic output capability
Locking string mechanism
Abrasion resistant Titanium construction
Active electronics and tone shaping circuit
LED fret marker lighting
Adjustable bridge
Strap anchor points and adjustable bout
Optional LOXX strap lock system
Deluxe version in gun-metal finish with Aerospace Teflon coating

The Gittler Guitar will be introduced to the market at NAMM 2013.

For more information: www.gittlerinstruments.com"

cell7

Oh man i always wanted one of these! Lets see how much bank is required to get hold of it.

tekrytor

Another one for the wish list. It's gorgeous!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

Its cool, its pretty - but could I play it?

Doubtful - since I cant play scalloped fretboard Yngwie Malmsteen type guitar either.

Also - I play 30 % of the time with my thumb fretting low strings (ala Hendrix , Trower) and the Gittler would prove very awkward and Neck too thin for my playing technique. Also its missing bulk of the GK-3 Controls,(S1, S2, GK Volume)  so it barely interfaces with my 13 pin gear.

Also I  lack a spare $4k, so I could not afford to buy one at $3,995 ?

http://www.gizmag.com/gittler-guitar-kickstarter/29490/

thegittlerguitar

Time to impress!

Cricket

Elantric

QuoteYes, but where do I mount my GK3?

Actually the currently sold Gittler already has a stealth hex pickup and 13 pin access.

http://gittlerinstruments.com/

QuoteIs the Gittler Guitar Roland Compatible?

Yes, absolutely.

Cricket

Quote"The guitar benefits from active electronics and both standard 1/4? and Hexaphonic outputs. The small E-Box at the back of the instrument has a volume wheel. The guitar is designed to work with most 13 pin guitar synthesizers and can connect to your computer for use with music notation programs or the dedicated Stringport that our instrument was designed to partner with. There is no need for an externally mounted synth pickup since each of our magnetically isolated transducers sends an individual signal that provides for optimal tracking...."

Well... whaddaya know?  Heh, heh.  I was, in fact, just kidding.   Still, bonus. 

First saw one of these in the Synchronicity II video and I remember a vigorous debate with a friend over whether it was real or a prop. 

Cricket

Charles5150

Cricket

Anyone out there have the capability to post a good (i.e.  not noisy) video of a Gittler driving a synth?   Would love to see/hear its tracking capability.

Just askin'   :)

noirclassic

expensive curiosity, too much for just a futuristic design. I like guitar synth but in love of lutherie and wood sonorities.

Well, not for me.

Kevin M

Looks like a 'cool' toy for someone with the money. Other than the GK output it doesn't seem to have much tonal variety on its own.

sashua

Gittler Instruments LLC will be in Hall D at the NAMM show. We have an excellent guitar and bass player on staff playing through a GP-10 and GR-55 but they are going to need some breaks. It might be nice to have someone else to play some demos for us and give them a rest now and again. We could pay you a bit and get you into the show. You'd be playing some incredible gear with some famous musicians. Win Win I guess. Any interest?

vablows

Hi, I use a GR-55 and would be interested, do you need me for all 3 days or just 1 or 2?
PM me please.
Thanks!

sashua

Well, ideally 3 but we could get away with 2.
Tell me a bit about you. What your strengths are and your experience with the GR-55, etc.

vablows

I play in 2 cover bands where I utilize the GR-55 on almost every song.
My strengths are creating patches that are extremely close to the sounds of the songs we are covering, lots of variety in pop and rock stuff.

I feel I have minimized the glitches and have maximized the potential fully after nearly 4 years of trial and error and live real-world usage.
I am the only guitarist in one band, so I need to be spot on and the 55 is the "main attraction" so to speak of the whole band.
I have a pretty good library of tunes that I use it on, and I use a lot of 12 string acoustic and 6 string with transposed tunings for songs that require capos normally.

Elantric

Quote from:  BigMapson
I've ordered my Gittler cables from Amazon.  However, gittlerinstruments.com seems to be gone.  The home page is blank and the rest of the site's pages are 404.

Seems effective Nov 1, 2017 Gittler Guitars is gone  - coincident with the November to November Fiscal Year

Here is the last archive from Oct 24, 2017
https://www.web.archive.org/web/20171024122928/http://gittlerinstruments.com/

I suspect the + $8K price of a Gittler was a turn off for many

abhijitnath

A question about the older Astron Gittlers from the 80s. They had a per string output as well and a VGA cable-ish out. Is there anyway to retrofit those with a GK-3 internal with the single string outputs? I'm happy to get a technician to do this fairly involved repair, but have no idea who would be good for it!:)