Katana MK2 100w/artist live

Started by Riptide, February 01, 2023, 06:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riptide

Ok,used the katana mk2 100w for about a year at home and also gigging and using a gt 1000 with it,sounds great at home practice and when sound checking before gig but when starting up with the band I lost my tone and volume.So I purchased and katana artist to give me more volume and better frequency on stage but nothing better,seems I'm dealing with a ruff group of loud musicians are just deaf,is there something I'm missing with my frequencies,like I said sounds great and loud till band members start playing,driving me crazy😵�💫

gumtownadmin

turn down the Bass and Treble a little and turn up the Master volume some more.
Place the amp up on a stand to get the speaker closer to ear height.

The other trick is to keep turning down your volume until the others can't hear you (until they notice - if they don't, then find another band)
 and get them to do the same, its not a war on who is the loudest. Quality not quantity.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Riptide

I did make a wooden platform with just a slight tilt to it,but will give my stand a try and as for as a volume war here's many deaf musicians around this neck of the woods🤣

Riptide

I am also using the gt 1000 into the power amp input so there something more need to do with the gt 1000.

gumtown

Plug the Katana 100 into the Artist stereo expand and use both, the war is on  ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Riptide

Yes Sir,I do stereo with gt 1000 for home practice but never with band yet🤘

Buzzkill

add midrange EQ this will CUT thru the noise !

Riptide

I'm learning how to get the best out the eq settings,taking some time.

Riptide

Using the Katana artist clean preamp and the gt 1000 just for effect without preamps seems to be a much better matchup for tones for myself,using the front panel global eq switching on the katana artist is a big help for that quick frequency settings,and how I have 2 different reverbs to work with,any tips on using it this way would help.

admin

Quote from: Riptide on February 11, 2023, 03:37:34 AMUsing the Katana artist clean preamp and the gt 1000 just for effect without preamps seems to be a much better matchup for tones for myself,using the front panel global eq switching on the katana artist is a big help for that quick frequency settings,and how I have 2 different reverbs to work with,any tips on using it this way would help.

Start with this " no amps" GT-1000 patch , then cable up for 4 cable method with katana artist's   FX Loop

https://bosstoneexchange.com/liveset/1cfb2996-930e-4fc6-a311-5123bcd88149/