GP-10 - Accessing the tuner from the 1/4" input

Started by Majiken, February 17, 2018, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majiken

Hi, I've had this issue for so long I can't remember if it was always there: for reasons unknown to me, I can only get the GP-10 tuner to give me a readout when plugged in with a 13-pin cable.  No 1/4" jack gives a string reading, irregardless of whether I run it into a GK-3 or direct, 13-pin cable plugged in parallel or not plugged in.  I have scoured both my user's manual and the forum, but find no helpful information anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this the status quo (hard to believe)? Any tips?

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

admin

GP-10 FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11796.0

QuoteI did not see the tuner work with 1/4 in..

Here on my unit I have GK Connect set to "AUTO" and with no GK 13 cable connected to GP-10, I plug only one 1/4" cable from my guitar Out to GP-10 Guitar In and Tuner works fine -

Remember to only play one string at a time!

Enter the Tuner mode by

(A) Press both Up/Down patch navigation pedals at once 

or

(B) Press Once on the Right Arrow key takes you directly to the Tuner ( which I will probably Mod my GP-10 to make the "Right Arrow" key a dedicated Switch) ,

Either method takes you to a working tuner. The GP-10 can work as a small "Live gig rig" with regular guitars just fine.

Remember if the "GK Connect" is not set correctly  - then the GP-10 Tuner may not locate the 1/4" Guitar Input jack  signal

Majiken

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Majiken

To clarify, my issue was that the GK connect was set to "on," changing it to "auto" fixed it. A simple and silly thing, but with my ever-evolving routings into my VL3X and sometimes parallel straight into the mixer I ran into problems muting the output to the PA while tuning. l hate the audience having a full guitar signal blasted at the while tuning, so this small step is a leap for humankind at my shows, me included  ;D

www.majiken.rocks