Boss GP-10 USB Driver - Mac OSX

Started by Elantric, June 20, 2014, 05:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

PLEASE READ THE "README.html" file that is included with the USB driver download
( 90% of ALL problems with Roland/Boss computer connectivity via USB occurs from folks who disregard following the supplied "README instructions contained inside the zip / rar/ tgz files .

Boss GP-10 USB Driver - Mac OSX
http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=GP%2D10&id=63180513

GP-10 Driver Ver.1.0.0 for Mac OS X (OSX 10.6-10.7)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11567.0;attach=9636

GP-10 Driver Ver.1.0.0 for Mac OS X (OSX 10.8-10.9)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11567.0;attach=9637

VGrider

I cannot seem to get the tone studio to work on my macbook pro running OSX 10.7.5.  Is there a known compatibility issue?  The software comes up, and I get the "pulsating blue box" but then nothing.  I loaded the software on my work maching running Windows 7, and it works very well, but not so much on my macbook, do I need to update my OS to 10.8 or 10.9 to make it work?  Thanks

Elantric

You did already  load the Boss GP-10 USB Driver first,  then install Boss Tone Studio - right?

Read the "READ_ME" instructions provided inside the Roland/Boss software download file, and uninstall everything - then FOLLOW THE PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS Roland has provided

GP-10 Driver Ver.1.0.0 for Mac OS X (OSX 10.6-10.7)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11567.0;attach=9636

And read the first post here for full install (and un-install) Instructions for GP-10 Boss Tone Studio
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10862.0

Many forget - but you MUST be consistent and use the Exact same physical USB Port on your Mac that was used during the GP-10 USB  driver install.

If you forget,  and attempt to plug any Roland VG/GR/GP/GT product  to your computer using the "wrong" USB port"  = failure to load the Roland USB driver.

saulowan

1. I installed the GP-10 driver ( GP10_USBDriver1010.pkg )
2. I Installed the Boss Tone Studio
3. The GP-10 didn't appears in System Preferences -> Sound
4. The Tone Studio refuses to recognize it
Sugestions?

Elantric

get the GP-10 USB Core Audio OSX driver installed and GP-10 recognized by your Mac first

Requirement: Read the installation instruction in the "READ_ME_EN.htm"  file bundled with the Boss GP-10 USB driver download (GP10_USBDriver1010.pkg )

Many forget - but you MUST be consistent and use the Exact same physical USB Port on your Mac that was used during the GP-10 USB  driver install.

If you forget,  and attempt to plug any Roland VG/GR/GP/GT product  to your computer using the "wrong" USB port"  = failure to load the Roland USB driver.

Its like making a deli sandwich - have to do things in just the right sequence.

ONLY AFTER you confirm the Mac System recognizes your Boss GP-10 as an Audio device,

. . . then worry about the Boss Tone Studio installation - (hint : BTS requires a live internet connection during the installation and it can often require between 5 to 35 minutes to install, depending on your internet access speed 

Majiken

+1 on the exact sequence, and especially about using the same USB port as the one for the installation- I've tripped over that a couple of times with my Windows 7 laptop, but managed to remember before uninstall/reinstall (I was pretty close the first time).  What the heck, this is one of the exceptionally few times where I just shut up and do what they say without asking why  :-\
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

saulowan

:D I'll try again and write about in a few days... tks

alfstone

Since I see that all these drivers have an "Uninstall" folder, if I have the GP-10 already installed and working on a Mac with Mavericks, is it better to Uninstall the old driver before the updating the OS, or may I just install the new driver after the OS update, regardless uninstalling the previous one?

Thanks
Alfredo

alfstone

Quote from: alfstone on November 20, 2016, 01:57:48 AM
Since I see that all these drivers have an "Uninstall" folder, if I have the GP-10 already installed and working on a Mac with Mavericks, is it better to Uninstall the old driver before the updating the OS, or may I just install the new driver after the OS update, regardless uninstalling the previous one?

Thanks
Alfredo

...no answers?...

Alfredo

admin

Thanks
Alfredo

I recommend doing thorough research with all your application /hardware vendors before updating to latest operating system.

I'm still running Yosemite

Typically the change in Roland /Boss USB Driver is the installer for latest OS complies with the  tighter security in latest operating systems.

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: alfstone on November 20, 2016, 01:57:48 AM

Thanks
Alfredo

Yes, uninstall the old, then install the new.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973