Recent Posts

SY-1000 guitar mode patches file names are appended with _G.tsl
SY-1000 bass mode patches file names are appended with _B.tsl
A record I liked in the late 1980s I believe used this system.  I actually befriended some of the people involved - I've reached out to find out what the complete setup was and what synths were used.  Hold please.  I love these under the radar systems - just the obscurity where people were trying to push the tech farther in a direction Roland didn't go.
General Discussion / Re: Tremolo Spring solution. I...
Last post by Elantric - Today at 10:18:36 AM
Also the old Epiphone Rotating Torsion Bar Tremolo
Works like old 1950's Chrysler Front Suspension

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsion_bar_suspension
Quote from: Paresh on Today at 09:36:27 AMNice. is there a way to see only "normal guitar" patches (not 13 pin)?

Quote from: Elantric on Today at 09:43:39 AMOr only SY-1000 Bass Mode patches.

Sorry, no to both questions.  To tell for sure you'd have to look inside the patches somehow.  This really is based on simple keyword/tag searches.
General Discussion / Re: Tremolo Spring solution. I...
Last post by cags12 - Today at 10:06:22 AM
Forgot to mention that I have also taken inspiration from Parker guitars

The red special

and the Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster

General Discussion / Tremolo Spring solution. Ideas...
Last post by cags12 - Today at 09:56:44 AM
Hi all,

Some of you may have seen one of my projects where I managed to install an ATG Luthier kit alongside Cycfi pickups with a 13 Pin output in a PRS guitar with the special feature of having it done with zero permanent modification to the guitar.

I manged to do this by sacrificing the Tremolo spring cavity in order to fit the ATG PCB board. This has worked great for the past few years!

However, it always bugged me that I had to block the tremolo and I am now trying to find a way to to get it back functional even if it is only in dive only mode.

So I have explored a few ideas by using Die springs and CSL (Sophia) Tremolo stabilizers and blocks and even though I have been able to hold the tension of the strings properly, using the whammy bar has not yielded good results.

The problem? - Due to the angle of attack of the tremolo block, it causes the springs to move its angle with the bridge and therefore causing rubbing against the back wall of the spring cavity and making it impossible to return to zero point and have an smooth operation.
Second problem? - very limited space and options that I can consider
Third problem? - trying to stick to the plan to avoid permanent modifications to the wood of the guitar.

Ideally, I would need some sort of a solution where the spring is in a fixed anchor.
There are a bunch of nice ideas on the patents submitted by Geoff McCabe (CSL Sophia inventor) https://patents.google.com/patent/US9847076B1/en?inventor=Geoffrey+Lee+McCabe - But I have not been overly successful with these.

I am here looking for suggestions, ideas or any advise that would help me achieve the goal.