GR-55 Assigns Not Working (Exp Pedal Patch Level)

Started by strummingforjesuslord, December 29, 2017, 08:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strummingforjesuslord

Using either the GR-55 FloorBoard or the "edit" button right on the GR-55, I simply cannot get the Patch Level assign to work. I'm trying a simple Minium 70 > Maximum 99 on User Patch 29-1 & it just won't work. When I make take the pedal all the way down, it does not take it to Minimum 70, it takes it all the way to zero.

I've made sure the System Master under Pedal/GK CTL are all set to "Patch Settings" (CTL, EXP, EXPON, EXPSW, VOL). I left the GKS1, S2 the same, then made left HLD on what it was "Assign Hold - ON"

My first bit of confusion is what is the difference between  EXP, EXPON & EXPSW? I just want to control the pedal (like I did with my since departed GT-100 Version 2).

On my GT-100, I controlled my Expression Pedal using this YouTube Video. I'm going to go through the Video again using my new GR-55 and see if that helps any.

The GR-55 Patch Level Assign is giving me fits. It must be something I'm doing wrong or some sort of master setting is blocking me. I appreciate any help I can get.

strummingforjesuslord

On hold with Roland. The Pedal Assign simply does not work.

sixeight

You should check for double assigns. Make sure there is not another assign that takes the level to zero.

gumtown

Check the "system/global" settings for "SYSTEM PEDAL and GK", usually the GK Vol is set to Patch Volume.

If you disable that, the assigns will then work.

If you still require GK Volume control, then assign just the Tone level to the EXP pedal.
EXP-SW is the Expression pedal switch, being the toe switch on/off function.
EXP ON is the Expression pedal function when the EXP SW is "on'
EXP OFF is the Expression pedal function when the EXP SW is "off'

so the EXP pedal can do two different functions depending if the toe switch is on or off.
if you want the same function regardless of the EXP SW (On or Off) then you need to use the same assign on both EXP ON and EXP OFF.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/