4 Channel Parallel Line Mixers With Stereo ?

Started by DarthTangYang, February 22, 2023, 03:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthTangYang

Hello?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this but I'm setting up a W/D/W rig and am looking for a 4 stereo channel Line Mixer that would allow me to mix all my wet effects in parallel. If possible I would also like to be able to mix in my dry effects using an expression pedal. I also need this unit to sit on my pedalboard so not some huge desktop size mixer.

Anyone know of a suitable product?
STEREO WET
2 Hughes & Kettner Vortex Black Series heads/ H&K 4X12 cabs Celestion Rockdriver Jr's.
MONO DRY
Orange TH30/Harley Benton 2X12 cab Celestion V30's.
Victory V4 The Kraken

PEDALS
Dunlop CryBaby
Electro Harmonix - Green Russian Big Muff
TC Electronic - Vortex
Boss DD-500
Boss RV-500

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

pod

I've got the mono version
Does more than parallel mix ... that's why it's a bit $$

https://www.pladaskelektrisk.com/product/stereo-matrise/

DarthTangYang

STEREO WET
2 Hughes & Kettner Vortex Black Series heads/ H&K 4X12 cabs Celestion Rockdriver Jr's.
MONO DRY
Victory V4 The Kraken

PEDALS
Dunlop CryBaby
TC Electronic - Vortex
Boss DD-500
Boss RV-500

DarthTangYang

I've managed to find this one

MusicomLab Parallelizer

It does have MIDI so it might be controlled from say a Morningstar ML10X paired with their MC8 (MIDI Controller). I haven't managed to find out if that's possible though. I just can't see what else you'd be able to do with its MIDI input if not control the mix knobs???
STEREO WET
MONO DRY
Victory V4 The Kraken

PEDALS
Dunlop CryBaby
TC Electronic - Vortex
Boss DD-500
Boss RV-500

DarthTangYang

BTW: The actual wet pedals I'll be hooking up to the Line Mixer are the Boss 500-series (DD-500, RV-500 & MD-500) so this got me thinking... Perhaps I don't even need a Line Mixer to mix in my dry signal?

The 500-series has kill-dry and analog dry through, don't they? So I might be able to solve the entire thing through the Morningstar ML10X Effect Switcher. I should be able to program an expression pedal to control the dry mix parameter.
STEREO WET
MONO DRY
Victory V4 The Kraken

PEDALS
Dunlop CryBaby
TC Electronic - Vortex
Boss DD-500
Boss RV-500

admin

Quote from: DarthTangYang on February 23, 2023, 09:15:04 AMI've managed to find this one

MusicomLab Parallelizer

It does have MIDI so it might be controlled from say a Morningstar ML10X paired with their MC8 (MIDI Controller). I haven't managed to find out if that's possible though. I just can't see what else you'd be able to do with its MIDI input if not control the mix knobs???

Review manual

http://musicomlab.com/download/ParallelizerV2_Manual_10xE.pdf

admin

Quote from: DarthTangYang on February 23, 2023, 09:21:35 AMBTW: The actual wet pedals I'll be hooking up to the Line Mixer are the Boss 500-series (DD-500, RV-500 & MD-500) so this got me thinking... Perhaps I don't even need a Line Mixer to mix in my dry signal?

The 500-series has kill-dry and analog dry through, don't they? So I might be able to dry mix parameter.

See page 21

Can assign EV-5 expression pedal to control " E-Level" = effects only

Dry should remain as pass thru

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/dd-500/owners_manuals/083b07a3-ba2a-4e04-ad31-1ddd19ee1f5b/

DarthTangYang

Quote from: admin on February 27, 2023, 01:40:58 PMSee page 21

Can assign EV-5 expression pedal to control " E-Level" = effects only

Dry should remain as pass thru

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/dd-500/owners_manuals/083b07a3-ba2a-4e04-ad31-1ddd19ee1f5b/

So, I won't be able to adjust the amount of dry coming out, just the amount of wet effects?
STEREO WET
MONO DRY
Victory V4 The Kraken

PEDALS
Dunlop CryBaby
TC Electronic - Vortex
Boss DD-500
Boss RV-500