Need Some Help

Started by Slartibartfarst42, September 25, 2022, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slartibartfarst42

In the past I've always tried just buying presets but it seems so easy to edit things on the GX100 I thought I'd give it a go myself. I don't need it to sound like any particular amp or player, though Adrian Smith is my favourite guitarist so I guess that ballpark would be nice. I started out by using amp settings that I believe are in the same region as Adrian uses and I added reverb, chorus and delay because he seems to use those a lot. I have no idea how to set these up so it was guess work, though I tried to keep the chorus subtle because I don't think he uses much. It seems very noisy so I have two noise gates in there but I suspect it's that way because something is set up wrong.

I don't think it's right, but I do like it better than anything else I've tried. I suspect some EQ blocks would help but I have no idea at all how they work. I see frequencies, high cuts and low cuts but they mean nothing to me. Could someone please take a look at this and help me to make it better? The guitar I'm using has a Super Distortion in the bridge and Bare Knuckle Emerald in the neck.

Thanks for your help, I'd love to learn how to improve things and especially what I'm doing with EQ.

You cannot view this attachment.

Slartibartfarst42

As things seem a bit quiet here, I thought I'd just add to my original post.

I'm learning to play some Michael Schenker material at the moment and I wondered if there was a way of getting that cocked wah lead sound he uses without using the expression pedal. I'd like to just add it to the footswitch that controls my lead boost and effects so that the wah comes on at the same time and is immediately stuck in that cocked wah position.

By the way, here is the latest version of my main preset.
You cannot view this attachment.

Boisdelac

I don´t know, if there is a Auto Wah within the GX100.

If yes ...
For a cocked Wah Sound i would give the Auto Wah a try. Set the Depth parameter to zero and test different frequency and resonance settings as well as trying different filter modes.

If no ... try any effect with the possibility to controll a filter resonance e.g. phaser or flanger and set the rate to zero.

jozart

A couple of suggestions.

Remove WAH from the CONTROL FUNCTION of EXP1 PEDAL

Then you should be able to save the pedal position in your WAH preset.

If that doesn't work, try adjusting the min and max pedal positions in the patch to lock the pedal position at your desired setting.