VC-mini

Started by sixeight, January 05, 2019, 09:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wo2507

is vcmini able to support the latest firmware nux mg300 (V3.10.13) ?

sixeight

Quote from: wo2507 on March 08, 2022, 09:12:14 AM
is vcmini able to support the latest firmware nux mg300 (V3.10.13) ?

Yes. I have added the stageman amp model and a few other changes. I really should post the firmware, as there have been many bug fixes and enhancements. Just been very busy lately, so I keep forgetting....

sixeight

Release of firmware 3.9.0 for the VC-mini.
You can find the firmware here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3
The firmware is in the folder firmware/VController v3_compiled and is called VC-mini_v3_9_0.hex.
Check the user manual for firmware upgrade instructions.

New user manual is found here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/blob/master/VController%20VC-mini%20VC-touch%20user%20manual%20.pdf

What is new in 3.9.0:
* Added MIDI forwarding. You can make three "connections" between a source and a destination port to forward MIDI data. Forwarded data includes MIDI note on/off, pitch bend, pc, cc and sysex. The connection can also be bi-directional where data is forwarded in both directions.
* SY-1000: Added per scene option to mute the inputs while the scene is loaded. This will remove any pops or bursts of sound during scene change, but will introduce a minor gap.
* Improved writing speed of patches. Data of empty patches is no longer sent. Also fixed a bug in writing patch data to EEPROM
* Improved tap tempo. LED timing is better and max bpm (250) is now easier to tap.
* Midi in and out port now can be different for devices.
* Port names and types are made device specific.
* MG-300: Added support for firmware 3.10.13 with the new STAGEMAN amp model.
* VC-edit: made one editor for all three VC versions
* VC-touch and VC-mini: fixed patch selection on G3 and MS70CDR via USB host port not working.
* SY-1000: fewer pops in scene change by always first turning parameters off or down before turning parameters on or up.
* Added automatic tempo following. The tempo is extracted from the Guitar2midi MIDI note information. Check the manual for details.
* Katana MK2: GEQ data was not stored and recalled properly. Midi timing has also been tweaked to make sure all data is written to the Katana.
* Katana: added Global Option to select Katana type. Now CH5-6 will be skipped when using Katana 50W (4CH)
* Katana: fixed bug where FX chain would not be updated occasionally when moving from Katana channel patch to VC patch.
* A VC-device (VController, VC-mini or VC-touch) can now be connected to another VC-device. Patch numbers, scene numbers, tempo, tuner status and looper status are synced between the devices. This is still a work in progress.

wo2507

Quote from: sixeight on March 08, 2022, 11:34:53 AM
Yes. I have added the stageman amp model and a few other changes. I really should post the firmware, as there have been many bug fixes and enhancements. Just been very busy lately, so I keep forgetting....

I'm planning to buy a used zoom g3x (because it has an exp pedal)
can it be controlled using vcmini too?

sixeight

Quote from: wo2507 on March 18, 2022, 01:25:06 AM
I'm planning to buy a used zoom g3x (because it has an exp pedal)
can it be controlled using vcmini too?

I have never tested that or heard of anyone who has done so. My guess is that the sysex midi data is the same, but I am not 100% sure.
And if it does not work, I can always do a remote login session and see if it can be fixed.

jiminix

Hi, is the mini-vc can be controled by a ES-8 Boss ? and send to the KATANA all the exp and switch pedals plug in the ES-8 ?

thanks for your support

sixeight

Quote from: jiminix on August 10, 2022, 09:24:57 AMHi, is the mini-vc can be controled by a ES-8 Boss ? and send to the KATANA all the exp and switch pedals plug in the ES-8 ?

thanks for your support

I would think so. If the ES-8 can send specific midi messages from a switch press, it should work.

sixeight

Release of firmware 3.10.0 for the VC-mini. New features:
* Added menu item firmware/sync patches to pull all patches from another VC device that is connected bi-directionally
* Made new hardware file for the VC-mini based upon the Teensy 4.1
* KPA: fixed not connecting to firmware 3.9.0
* KPA: fixed tap tempo and allowed for larger rig names on VC-touch.
* MIDI PC: Added PREV, NEXT and BANK select options for it.
* MIDI PC/CC/NOTE ON/OFF: New port numbering system was not properly implemented, leading to errors. This has been fixed.
* KPA: slots are now controlled via snapscenes. Support for morphing through snapscenes. Also performance names are stored in EEPROM for easy browsing.
* Setlist/song: command structure built for both new commands
* Implemented SONG mode, PAGE mode and DEVICE mode to make it clearer that the VC can be used in three ways.
* Fixed bug in MENU - PROGRAM SWITCHES where PATCH SELECT was not showing the correct number of patches for certain devices (Katana) both on the unit and in VC-edit.
* Fixed incorrect cursor position in text entry on VC-mini
* Added MIDI more command with option to send MIDI start and stop or toggle them.
* Added option to Block device detect messages. Every second the VC device will send some messages to look for external devices. Enabling this option will block these messages. Some external devices that are not supported get confused when these messages appear. Be careful using this option, as automatic device detection no longer works on ports where this is enabled.
* SY-1000: Fixed the normal input not restoring properly from scenes when Quiet scene change was active. Thanks Brad for pointing it out.

The firmware can be found here:
https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/tree/master/Firmware/VController_v3%20compiled. Look for VC-mini_v3_10_0.hex

The updated versions of VC-edit can be found here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/tree/master/Firmware/VC-edit%20compiled
Mac: VC-edit 3_10.dmg
Windows: VC-edit 3_10.zip

To install follow the instructions in the manual for firmware updates. make sure you backup all data using your existing VC-edit version before doing the update.

sixeight

Release of firmware 3.10.2 for the VC-mini and VC-edit:

New features:
* VC-mini: fixed menu operation through the switches (menu_prev and menu_next)
* Added type/mode setting for devices.
* Helix: type/mode can now be set for Helix, HX-stomp and HX-effects, also taking the two numbering schemes into account.
* Katana: the Katana 100 / Katana 50 setting has been moved to Device Settings.
* VC-edit: fixed multiple commands in "on page select" box not selecting properly, making editing hard.
* Fixed bug that under certain conditions hangs the VController, VC-mini or VC-touch.

You can download the new firmware here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/releases/tag/3.10.2

Check out the user manual for instructions on how to update the firmware.
NOTE: there are now two versions of the VC-mini. Make sure you use the right firmware file. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS in the manual!!!

sixeight

Release of firmware 3.11.0 for the VC-mini.
New in this version:

• GR-55: added scene mode
  • GR-55: added ctl pedal assigns and removed the regular cc assigns. The CTL and EXP SW function now fully work and also execute associated assigns.
  • VC-mini: fixed MIDI PC labels not showing on BANKSELECT.
  • Added support for switch_holding for SONG, SETLIST, PAGE, ASSIGN, MIDI_PC for NEXT, PREV and bank up/down.
  • VC-edit: fixed crash when opening parameter command for current device. Fixed some other minor bugs.
  • VC-edit: fixed bug where user commands would be loaded double right after changing VC device in preferences.

Check the manual below for instructions on how to update the firmware.
Make sure you use the right version for your hardware!!!

You can download it here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/releases/tag/3.11.0

Novocaine

Hello, I need your help. I currently have a BOSS SY-1000 and a QUAD CORTEX. The SY-1000 is mainly used for guitar modelling and exotic tunings.

In the songs I play I need to change guitar models, pickup configurations but also and especially several alternative user tunings.

My question is, with a VC mini would I be able to record a guitar/mic configuration but also and especially its user tuning?

Another question, would I be able to send a #CC from the QUAD CORTEX (only one can be sent in scene mode) to the VC MINI which will change the scene on the SY-1000 ?

EXAMPLE SETUP :
SONG 1
  Quad Cortex : Scene 1 - SY1000 : Telecaster / Neck / -4 +3 +1 +1 +1 +1 / string Level 6 80%
  Quad Cortex : Scene 2 - SY1000 : Acoustic / Gibson / -4 +3 +3 +3 +3 +3 / String Pan 6 -50 String Pan 5 +50
  Quad Cortex : Scene 3 - SY1000 : Les PAUL / Neck / -4 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2
  Quad Cortex : Scene 4 - SY1000 : Strat / Bridge / -4 +3 +1 +1

To sum up, I would love to have the same operation as the LINE6 HELIX which can change all the parameters of the VARIAX guitar by changing the SNAPSHOT. The goal is to have no more HELIX and VARIAX.

Thank you very much in advance and I hope I have been clear.

sixeight

Quote from: Novocaine on May 25, 2023, 12:29:41 AMHello, I need your help. I currently have a BOSS SY-1000 and a QUAD CORTEX. The SY-1000 is mainly used for guitar modelling and exotic tunings.

In the songs I play I need to change guitar models, pickup configurations but also and especially several alternative user tunings.

My question is, with a VC mini would I be able to record a guitar/mic configuration but also and especially its user tuning?

Another question, would I be able to send a #CC from the QUAD CORTEX (only one can be sent in scene mode) to the VC MINI which will change the scene on the SY-1000 ?

EXAMPLE SETUP :
SONG 1
  Quad Cortex : Scene 1 - SY1000 : Telecaster / Neck / -4 +3 +1 +1 +1 +1 / string Level 6 80%
  Quad Cortex : Scene 2 - SY1000 : Acoustic / Gibson / -4 +3 +3 +3 +3 +3 / String Pan 6 -50 String Pan 5 +50
  Quad Cortex : Scene 3 - SY1000 : Les PAUL / Neck / -4 -2 -2 -2 -2 -2
  Quad Cortex : Scene 4 - SY1000 : Strat / Bridge / -4 +3 +1 +1

To sum up, I would love to have the same operation as the LINE6 HELIX which can change all the parameters of the VARIAX guitar by changing the SNAPSHOT. The goal is to have no more HELIX and VARIAX.

Thank you very much in advance and I hope I have been clear.

I answered your question in the VC-touch topic. The VC-mini has the same functionality.

Novocaine

Quote from: sixeight on May 25, 2023, 10:30:07 AMI answered your question in the VC-touch topic. The VC-mini has the same functionality.

Well thank you.

I've just ordered a piece few seconds ago. I hope I will be soon able to check the possibilities.

sixeight

Quote from: Novocaine on May 26, 2023, 04:51:16 AMWell thank you.

I've just ordered a piece few seconds ago. I hope I will be soon able to check the possibilities.

Thanks for the order. I will make a package tomorrow.

Novocaine

I've just received my VC Mini. <3
It's ok to create scene and it's marvelous but I didn't find how to do for changing scene from my quad cortex yet with a cc# parameter.

sixeight

You should set up a midi switch for this on the default page.

Send me an email if you would like to get some more specific instructions.

sixeight

New firmware for the VC-mini.
You can find it here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/releases/tag/3.12.0

New in firmware 3.12.0:
  • Added support for user devices. You can now add up to 10 user devices, with patch names, custom controllers and expression pedals, tap tempo, tuner, scene and looper support, as long as the device supports this functionality through MIDI. Almost any device that supports MIDI can now be added to your VController, VC-mini or VC-touch.
  • Added support for the Zoom MS50G and MS60B (MS60B untested)
  • Fixed bug where parameters that were not in the first slot were not executed.
  • Labels are read from the default page, if there are no commands for the switch on the current page and there is a command on the default page.
  • You can set or hide non essential popup messages with a new setting.
  • VC-edit: fixed a number of errors copying and deleting items from and to the On Page Select field. Also fixed crash for swapping patches.
  • Setlist select - double pressing a setlist will select the first item of it.
  • VC-edit: fix of some crashes on Windows

sixeight

Found a few bugs that needed immediate fixing. Also added some minor features.
You can find the firmware here: https://github.com/sixeight7/VController_v3/releases/tag/3.12.1

New in firmware 3.12.1:

• KPA: Fixed performance names not displaying correctly
  • VController: fixed incorrect USER device navigation on fixed pages
  • MUTE: can now be "ON", "OFF", "OFF/ALWAYS ON" and "TOGGLE". This makes it easier to navigate multiple Boss/Roland devices.
  • SY1000: when selecting scenes on the SY1000, a press on a bottom row switch is ignored when a top row switch is actively pressed.