BR-80 - eBand Song List Editor Issues

Started by RafterRattler, February 26, 2012, 10:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RafterRattler

I got my BR-80 yesterday and have been playing with it non-stop.  It's quite a bit of fun, but it has not been without some disappointments.  First of all, I'm extremely disappointed that we can't record dry and then add effects to tracks like with the original MBR...but that's another discussion.   My main issue is with the song list editor.   I have a 32G card and have been trying to import all my music and backing tracks.  I'm finding it to be an extremely slow, manual, and annoying process.  It is working, but there seems to be an individual transfer limit somewhere between 550 and 575MB.   If I select more than that to transfer at one time, I get an 'unsupported file format' error.   Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there an easier way to do bulk transfers?

Thanks,
RR

gumtown

Do you have the latest firmware update installed? it is version 1.04, this addresses SD card compatability issues.
The firmware update can be found on any Roland site.
I have found that once the SD card is formatted, it can be removed from the BR-80
and eBand will read it directly from a computer SD card slot and load songs in a bit quicker.
Also when making changes to existing song titles and such, make sure you hit the "write" button to commit the changes before exiting the eBand editor.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

RafterRattler

Yeah....I upgraded my firmware first thing.  I've also tried two different memory cards, and NOW two different BR-80s - all with the same result.  My next attempt is to try a different USB port.   I used one of the secondary ports on my machine, rather than the one on the mobo.   If I can actually load music via a reader rather than with the BR-80, that would be even better.

The experimentation continues...
Mike

gumtown

Quote from: RafterRattler on March 08, 2012, 06:48:46 PM
If I can actually load music via a reader rather than with the BR-80, that would be even better.
That is what i did the other night, so long as the card is already "roland" formatted by the BR-80, The eBand detected the SD card in the computer's SD slot, and I managed to load up the songs directly to the card.
Not the easiest of software to use either, and the BR-80 is fussy on card types (previous to the firmware update).
The 16Gb card I use worked OK most of the time except for live recording, where it would do the first minute and then stop.
After the firmware update , the card now works fine, that was the only problem i had.

The song formats must be with-in spec for the eBand to convert too, I found too high resolution MP3's (like 256Kb) wouldn't load, as the eBand see's them as 24 or 32 bit, and i have used Sony SoundForge to convert to 128~192Kb formats.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

I use a Class 10 high speed  SDHC 32GB card with no problems

RafterRattler

Have any of you tried to load 100 or more songs or once?   Both my Class 4 32G and Class 10 8G cards work fine for all functions on the recorder itself.   My issue is purely that if I select too many songs to transfer at once with the song list editor, it immediately returns the 'unsupported file format' error.  If I select fewer files, they transfer fine - so it's not the files themselves causing the issue.

RR

pod

I got one last week  . .. love it .. next practice i'm turning up with just it & an axe, "plug me into the desk boys.. " ;D
One thing that altered when I put a 32Gb SDHC was the boot time went up by 10x   ..
The 'mobile guitar pack' as pictured : yes it's a shotgun case ...

gumtown

The BR-80 certainly has a lot of "bank for your bucks", i mostly use mine for learning new practice songs, and make use of the pitch transpose and A<>B repeat looping for tricky bits.
Not yet done a multi track recording yet.