McLaughlin's FTP prototype

Started by thebrushwithin, May 24, 2013, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrushwithin

This was interesting to see. John's caption for this pic.
"As you can see there are three tube Pre-amps. In the rig itself you will see the Zen Drive which is what I recorded with recently, but above you will see the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube which I also like very much, and to the right one of my oldest favorites, the Mesa-Boogie V-Twin. I like them all and it really depends on what mood I'm in which one I use.In the middle of those two, you will see a prototype of the new wireless midi for guitar that was invented by Andras Szalay, and is distributed by Fishman Associates.The rig itself is self evident and needs no commentary from me other than it stays the same whichever pre-amp I use."

Looks like the FTP started as a foot pedal. You can find this on his website.

shawnb

Lots of signs point to the FTP initially being hardware-based.  Probably with a PC utility to configure settings such as pitch bend dynamics, sensitivity. 

My suspicion is that Fishman (or some other party) later in the timeline suggested that PC utility expand its role to become a VST host.  That way, you could produce music without purchasing more gear.  In the long run, this is a good decision, as I do think we're in the midst of a shift from more hardware-based to software-based sound processing. 

Thus, V1 of the firmware & software suite is very simple, and possibly a touch confused.  I hope the next version is a little more clear as to which user presets are for offline (hardware) usage and which user presets are for VST usage.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

minor additional details on the FTP Floor pedal here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5188.msg52536#msg52536

Suggest read all the control labels

I see an Arpeggiator function too 

Dalai_llama

Quote from: shawnb on May 24, 2013, 01:04:56 PM
Lots of signs point to the FTP initially being hardware-based.  Probably with a PC utility to configure settings such as pitch bend dynamics, sensitivity.

Yes, that was Andras initial idea. And the plugin was an exact emulation of this floor unit. I might have a screenshot in my computer. And I'm sure I still have the actual plugin.

The LLAMA