axon 100 mkii midi out trouble with sound modules

Started by fusion99, April 19, 2013, 03:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fusion99

Hi guys,
I'm a Roland gk33 and 55 user and recently I bough  an old AXON 100 mkii by a friend of mine who is not using it any longer.
I connected the midi out of the Axon ro control a sound module (kurzweil ME1  and also a Korg microx) but the problem is that if I recall the different patches from 01 to 10 or more the receiving sound modules (both) are recalling some patches inside wchi are not corresping to the one I've chosen. Just to clarify: I recall pattern 01 on Axon and  on Kurzweil the number does not change and the sound does not come out , I recall number 6 on Axon and on the kurzweil I have number 4 ... some numbers are randomly recalled on the sound modules and some are not (without any sound). This strange thing happens also with the microx . At this point it seems that the problem comes from the Axon, but I do not know how to solve the problem. Midi BASIC CHANNEL is the same for the 3 devices (channel1) .
Any suggestion how to solve this problem? Do I have to work on the midi mapping, or the CC default ?
I'd like to have number 7 on Axon and number 7 on the other sound modules.
Ciao
Rudy

arkieboy

Hi Rudy

Before you start you should do a factory reset of the Axon which will return the programs to their normal state. Press and hold the PRESET and EXIT buttons while powering the device up. All settings will be returned to their factory defaults.

If you want to keep the programs that were already in it then you should connect it to a computer running the axon editor and back up the settings first by sysex.

Then we'll see what happens

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

canoflex

I have a problem when i try to play my Roland JD990 thru the Axon 100 mk2.
I have connected midi out of the Axon to midi in of the JD990, and set up the axon with local mode in "off".
The problem is that I can only hear the sound from the JD990 coming from the first string of the guitar, but not from the other strings.
It must be something related to the channels, but i have no idea.
can anybody help me?
Thanks

fusion99

Hi Steve.
I still have the same question. It passed a while since the last thread, sorry but I had some problems not concerning the musical aspect.
I made the factory reset of the Axon 100
Just to resume the problem
I have a midi pedalboard (lets' call it A) and the Axon100 (let's call it B) and expanders (C)
If I connect A + B (midi THROUGH door) and C all is perfect. I push preset 10 on A and immediately I have the same in B and C , but of course there is no sound through the expander.
But if I connect A + B (MIDI OUT DOOR) + C if I recall number 10 on A I have number 10 on B but the expander jump to random numbers . In some cases, the sound randomly recalled on the expander is ok, in some cases youu can't hear nothing
In some cases  some numbers are not recalled on the expander (I have 3 expanders and they have the same problem). I do not understand if it's the B (axon) or C problem (the expander while receiving
the midi messages)
I haven't checked but maybe do have to change the B/H channel into channel 1 on the Axon?

Rudy

arkieboy

Hi Rudy

Can you download midiox (windows) or midi monitor (OS X) and record the output of the Axon when you change patches once and post it here?

Both are free

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

fusion99

Hi Steve thanks a lot I downloaded the MIDI OS  and I connected the AXON
The excel shows 5 of the first patches of Axon . As you can see from the excel I show the result of Axon tones number1-2-3-6-7 .
Axon patch  3 for instance goes to patch 2 of the expander patch . Oatches 6-7 goes to  04 of the expander .  Axon 3 patch recalls bank 2304 and PATCH0 (and I can't hear anything through the expander). Randomly all the other Axon patches go to patch 0 or other numbers on the expander. All these ones have a bank number of 4 numbers and I cannot hear anything on the expander.
The other file .doc is what I exported form the midi ox.
Using MIDI OX can I change the Axon patches and ban number for the MIDI OUT? Apart of course from connecting the midi in Axon to Midi Ox am I supposed to change something in the AXON, something like receiving the MIDI changes? Sorry but I'm very dummy for what concerns midi world
Rudy