BR-80 - how to play along with guitar over an external source (PC)

Started by fherrera, February 06, 2013, 06:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fherrera

Hello everybody. I think that this is an easy question:

Is it possible to connect the "phones/line out" output of my PC into the "line in" input of my Micro BR 80 and, at the same time, connect my electric guitar into the guitar jack and listen to both at the same time?

I do not need to record both at the same time, I just need to listen to both at the same time. This way I would able to listen to a DVD that I would be playing on my PC and also to play along with it with my guitar. Of course, I would like to add effects to the guitar but not to the PC sound.

I just need a quick yes/no and a hint on how I would get this done.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elantric

Sure why not.

Run a cable from your PC HEADPHONE OUT to the 3.5mm Line Input on the BR-80, while you play guitar with the Guitar Input.

The BR-80 has tabs to select  / enable the Inputs

Start on Page 53 of the BR-80 Owners manual and follow the procededure

"Building Your Ideas Into a Song (MTR Mode)"

myksara

The other way to do this, which I find more better is to connect the BR80 to the PC with the supplied USB cable (assuming you have installed the USB drivers). This way I can also quickly record any ideas/inspirations on a DAW on my PC or BR80 recorder.
And you still have the aux in free for hooking up another mp3 source or an ipad for other accompaniment.

You can monitor all the sounds using the headphone jack on the BR80
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

gumtown

The Line input is active all the time, so set the levels on the laptop output for the background music, and use the BR-80 as you usually do for the guitar parts.
I think the USB cable will allow the BR-80 to work as a souncard too, so instead of the 3.5mm cable, the USB should allow music playback into the BR-80.

Got to ask why not load the music into the BR-80 and playback the tunes while playing the BR-80 detached from a computer?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fherrera

Thank you very much for your quick and very helpful responses!!

with regards to gumtown's question, the answer is that I like to play some guitar technique dvd's (like the "guitar playalong" series) on my pc. By setting the connections as you have suggested, I will be able to watch the video with included tabs and also listen to its audio and at the same time to my guitar. A perfect plan, ain't it?

Thanks again.