Brian moore pickups sound bright (Which Piezo Setting is Best?)

Started by Paresh, April 22, 2008, 05:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paresh

...both the pizo & the mags. I keep my mag tone control on the neck setting all the time. I have the high end guitar with the tremolo arm (no model # on it). Just wondering if other users have the same experience, where you compensate for it (at what stage in the signal chain), & for those who have downloaded the update (I haven't as I haven't had any problem with the pizo) - which of the pizo setting options you found best. Thanks.
paresh

Elantric

Re Which Piezo setting is best?  To be honest - I see no difference among any of the new piezo settings. Piezo_F, Piezo_R, Piezo_L, Piezo_G are identical.

No doubt these new Piezo program slots  were created by Roland for those who own multiple guitars with multiple piezo types.

Think of them as additional unique programming slots - to be used to map unique string sensitivity settings and EQ for the style of the patch you are using.

so in a nutshell with identical settings  - Piezo_F, Piezo_R, Piezo_L, Piezo_G are identical - just tweak new Piezo EQ to taste as needed.

For example - lets say you have a new Godin LGXT with RMC hex bridge.

Most patches - Use Piezo_R with String sensitivities at 15, with Piezo EQ High at 0, and Piezo EQ Low at -2

High Gain patches -  Use Piezo_F with String sensitivities at 25, with Piezo EQ High at -2 and Piezo EQ Low at -5

MIDI Conversion - Use Piezo_G with String sensitivities at 10, with Piezo EQ High at -1 and Piezo EQ Low at -3

This is just an example is  to wrap your brain around  this concept.

Oh yes -  I think it would be worth mentioning that you have to set the parameter SET MODE in the GK SETTINGS pane to PATCH not system to have access to unique different GK Pickup types while building your patch. Many were having difficulty with this.

This is the factory explanation.
Added Features of the VG-99
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14.0;attach=8

* If you're not sure which piezo type parameter is appropriate, choose the parameter for the piezo type that
sounds the most natural as you play.
Selecting PIEZO F, PIEZO G, PIEZO L, or PIEZO R for GK PU TYPE lets you further adjust the sound
quality of the low and high frequency ranges. Adjust them as required.
1. Follow the steps in "Selecting the Divided Pickup Type" (p. 43) to select PIEZO F, PIEZO G,
PIEZO L, or PIEZO R for GK PU TYPE.
2. Press PAGE [] three times to display Page 5.
Adjust the sound quality of the low and high frequency ranges using the F1 (LOW) and F2
(HIGH) knobs.

ulfiyya

Hi,
Is ther e a way to program or select via editor, midi the piezo type please?

Greetz,