VG-99 - Hank Marvin

Started by martynw2000, May 08, 2012, 03:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martynw2000

Hey,

I don't suppose anyone has an authentic sounding Hank Marvin patch do they? I've been trying for about 12 hours (not consecutively!) to get close to his sound, but failing miserably. :(

Looking for something like this:

btw - kudos to the guy in the video - that's a great sound!

gumbo

Do a search for the posts by Forum Member "ecca"....

....I realise this now type-casts me too....damn!  :P
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Elantric

QuoteDo a search for the posts by Forum Member "ecca"....

ecca has posted several good Shadows patches, but these are for the GR-55, not the VG-99.

These products do not have compatible patch formats, but both have patch editors.

Its possible to download Gumtowns GR-55 Floorboard Editor, load one of eccas patches and view the settings of all the amps and delays, etc. and write these down. Actually the GR-55 Floorboard Editor has function that will generate a text file of all GR-55 settings for specific patch.

Armed with this info, you should be able to launch the VG-99 Editor, and initialize a new patch and enter the values for the Amps and FX obtained from the GR-55.

Patch Cloning
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4087.0

Here is one of eccas fine Shadows patches.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5138.msg35004#msg35004

martynw2000

Thanks for all this excellent info. I will try to do as you suggested later.

:)

ecca

Here I am, I was going to comment but I don't have the VG99, I have a GR55.
However all the echo timings are there somewhere
The top was backed off the echoes tone  to dull them down a bit and make them less 'digital' and bright.
In terms of guitar tone , it's just a standard strat into a Vox Ac30, there's not a lot else you can do except twiddle with EQ and add a little 'bite'.

CeesDonker

Well, I have both. I started toying with the VG-99, which can use up to five delays in one patch, and came up with this patch. I sounds okay to me.