Godin XTSA

Started by kennisrussell, May 17, 2011, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Quote from: stub on February 23, 2020, 10:01:18 PM
I could swear the 3-band worked fine without the battery.

Godin RMC Piezo preamp / EQ gets power from  GK 13 cable when that is used

else if Godin  is used with only 1/4" cables, (and No GK 13 cable)  must have a 9V Battery installed  - its behind the round plate near the EQ Sliders) 

admin

xtSA with bridge PU ring screws removed, bridge PU moved 1/8" closer to Neck to make room for Fishman Tripleplay Hex PU

anttileinonen

I found out also that the Godin xtsa stock locking tuners are quite rubbish and my guitar won´t stay in tune at all. Even I tighten the strings to the tuners as good I possibly dare, the tuning gets low every time I bend the strings and try to adjust the feel of the instrument. I have used Planet Waves (D´Addario?) tuning machines quite a lot so no difference here... I ordered 3L/3R tuning set and I post something later when I get them and try also to lubricate the nut and saddle with some stuff that I also put in the order. But generally I am very happy with this model xtsa and it is very versatile guitar. And it works perfectly with my midi stuff (GR-33 and GR-55 mostly) and with GR-55 after little tweaking in the system parameters it seems to get even better.

lespauled

I'm shocked.  The tuners were rock solid for me.

admin

IMHO Godin Locking Tuners are junk. Very fragile and a pain when at gig attempting a swift string change and the top locking  part flies off the top of the tuning post.
Never miss them

Prefer the Planet Waves 

macminer

It has already been mentioned in another thread: from mid-2021 the Godin LGXT and XTSA guitars no longer have the RMC piezo pickup, but LR BAGGS.

I can confirm the problem of bad interferences (warbling) with Boss GP-10 when using alternate tunings or even modelling bass guitars. It seems as bad or worse than with RMC pickup. Strangely, this doesn't happen (or is marginal) with Roland GR-55.

BROCKSTAR

Wow what richard wrote about setting the gr-55 with the godin xtsa helped so much!! My godin xtsa is more dynamic and barely any ghost notes now on piano and flutes and stuff! Works great!

"PU"
PU type ;  PIEZO R
Scale :  650 MM
PU phase : NORMAL
PU direction : NORMAL
S1/S2 position : NORMAL
MORM PU gain : 0 dB
PIEZO TONE  LOW  :    0
PIEZO TONE HIGH  :   +5

"DIS"
10.0 mm all strings

"SEN"
0  all strings

"VEL"
Velocity Dynamics :  6
Play-Feel         :  4
Low-Velocity Cut  :  5

"NUA"
Nuance Dynamics   :  5
Nuance Trim       :  5

"DOW"
Shift   :   0

admin

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on January 16, 2022, 07:54:40 AM
Wow what richard wrote about setting the godin xtsa helped so much!! My godin xtsa is more dynamic and barely any ghost notes now on piano and flutes and stuff! Works great!

"PU"
PU type ;  PIEZO R
Scale :  650 MM
MORM PU gain : 0 dB
PIEZO TONE HIGH  :   +5

"DIS"
10.0 mm all strings

"SEN"
0  all strings

"VEL"
Velocity Dynamics :  6
Play-Feel         :  4
Low-Velocity Cut  :  5

"NUA"
Nuance Dynamics   :  5
Nuance Trim       :  5

"DOW"

Yes above GR-55 settings are posted several places here, and crucial -many were derived from Jim Williams

And many can be used for GP-10 and SY-1000 too

Apply same settings (as available ) on SY-1000 Guitar to MIDI too.

QuoteEDIT July 2014   -
More details on setting up the GR-55 to track best with a Godin xTSA is here:

During the Christmas break I finally had some time to play with the GR-55 and my new Godin xTSA RMC pickup guitar.

I'm using these settings below with much success using my Godin xTSA (RMC) and stock GR-55 (rev 1.50 firmware )

Thanks Jim Williams!

On both my xTSA'a - the COSM Modleling sounds most excellent .

This is AFTER I follow Jim Williams Piezo Setup.

--
In System, Set the GK PU type to:
PU type ;  PIEZO R
Scale :  ST
NORM PU gain : 0 dB
PIEZO TONE HIGH  :   +6

"DIS"
10.0 mm all strings (does not matter GR-55 ignores this for all Peizo PU selections)

"SEN"
Set the sensitivities for all strings to "50" average (+/-5  - that is all my strings have sensitivity set in the range between 45-55 .

Pre 2012 Godin. Set GK String Sensitivity  to "0"

"VEL"
Velocity Dynamics :  2
Play-Feel         :  2 (may vary depending on how you play synth tones)
Low-Velocity Cut  :  8-9

"NUA"
Nuance Dynamics   :  4
Nuance Trim       :  4

"DOW"
===============