Union and Cell from Livid and Windows Vista

Started by Slackjaw, January 26, 2008, 05:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slackjaw

I am currently looking for a visual solution to tie into my rig.  As recommended I tried the demo versions of both Union and Cell, but have found them to be very unstable in Windows Vista at this time.  Frankly I haven't been able to find something that looks good that even claims to work on Vista. 

(I'm thinking that at least somebody is thinking "this guy should just get a Mac", but since my entire career revolves around Windows professional networks it's just not practical)

I have kept my other systems in the house (SBS Server 2003 and two XP Pro systems) away from Vista, but the spankin new laptop I bought as a dedicated system for my home studio is Vista and for the second time I find myself trying to give it a chance.

So three requirements I have for the software.  1) it needs to be Vista stable 2)it needs to be controllable by MIDI CC data and 3)it needs to be responsive to an audio feed.

Any input is appreciated (but spare me the M$ bashing...I already know)
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

Elantric