Patch cloning from vg99

Started by Christophersad, December 31, 2022, 10:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christophersad

Hello guys ,I saw that gr55 and vg99 patches where interchangeable,is there any way to clone/il port those on an sy1000?

gumtown

GR-55 and VG-99 are very different in function, and each unit's patches have very little in common.
But the VG-99 has more in common with the SY-1000, so using the SY-1000 FxFloorBoard editor will load and convert VG-99 patches.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Christophersad

Quote from: gumtown on January 01, 2023, 02:43:34 AMGR-55 and VG-99 are very different in function, and each unit's patches have very little in common.
But the VG-99 has more in common with the SY-1000, so using the SY-1000 FxFloorBoard editor will load and convert VG-99 patches.

Wow,so you're basically saying I can import vg99 patches to my sy1000 just loading them into the sy1000 editor ?

aliensporebomb

You need Gumtown's FxFloorboard editor not the Boss Tone Studio app. And sometimes these conversions are not perfect because there are feature set differences between the products.  And the last time I checked he was still working on the FxFloorboard so every time I get a
newer version it seems to work better than the previous.

But Arkieboy did a perfect replica of my VG-99 patch "Mellostrings" - I mean as perfect as you could hope to do so I didn't have to go through the effort of programming to recreate it.  So I think Arkieboy for doing that!

I haven't done a lot of the legwork to reprogram all my VG-99 patches but it shows you can do a brilliant job if you take the time.

Another thing that's interesting is the FxFloorboard will let you import many of the GT-1000 patches into the SY-1000.  Within limits since the SY-1000 doesn't have IR capability but.... you can do a lot of things.  Enjoy!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Christophersad

Quote from: aliensporebomb on January 01, 2023, 06:52:09 AMYou need Gumtown's FxFloorboard editor not the Boss Tone Studio app. And sometimes these conversions are not perfect because there are feature set differences between the products.  And the last time I checked he was still working on the FxFloorboard so every time I get a
newer version it seems to work better than the previous.

But Arkieboy did a perfect replica of my VG-99 patch "Mellostrings" - I mean as perfect as you could hope to do so I didn't have to go through the effort of programming to recreate it.  So I think Arkieboy for doing that!

I haven't done a lot of the legwork to reprogram all my VG-99 patches but it shows you can do a brilliant job if you take the time.

Another thing that's interesting is the FxFloorboard will let you import many of the GT-1000 patches into the SY-1000.  Within limits since the SY-1000 doesn't have IR capability but.... you can do a lot of things.  Enjoy!

Thank you very much 🙏

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

maingig

I have been hoping for a solution like this for some time now.

Can you say more about the conversion process with the SY-FloorBoard?
Will it read patches directly from the VG-99 over MIDI and convert as best it can?
Or does it need a MIDI Dump file?

gumtownadmin

The VG-99 patch conversion section is currently incomplete in the editor, pending a (near) future update.
But will import VG-99 single patch files as saved by the VG-99 Roland editor.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

maingig

Thank-you.  I can no longer use the Roland editor since I am now on MacOs Monterey.

I notice there is a VG-99 Floorboard.  Can saved patches from that one be imported as well?
I know you probably would have mentioned it but I'm holding out hope :-)