Production problems ahead

Started by CodeSmart, December 07, 2022, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

I foresee production problems ahead. Don't know where to look.
My old good friend (since forty years), who have helped my painting all the Primovasound boxes so far since 2013 is now in such a bad shape I'm afraid there's an end to his painting now.

I feel sad for him.  :(

We'll see if I can find other options, but it may affect production cost and pricing.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

dfalck

Hi Robert.So sad about your friend.

One thing you might do is use unpainted enclosures and apply a label to the front for the graphic. EHX has done this a lot and sold a lot of pedals this way. I have a Holy Grail that looks like the enclosure was run through a vibratory finisher and had a label placed on the front.
I've also sold some tremolo pedals, that I used to build, and would use a plastic engraved panel over the front face. That's not usually too cost effective but I have a CNC mill in my shop.
VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.

aliensporebomb

Sorry to hear about this.  And yes, EHX has done a good job with their unpainted cases with cool graphics on the front.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

BMapson

This is sad to hear.  As an owner of several of your products, I can attest to the quality of his work.  I hope the procedure gives him some relief and restores some the quality of his life.

I hope you can source a new vendor. 

billbax

That's a cringy post there Codesmart, mentioning someone's private medical condition on the net. Posting the gentleman's photo is poor taste.

Having said that, great respect to your 13-pin creative work.

Bill

sixeight

Sorry for your friend. I had a similar problem a year ago, but found a guy who could build enclosures for me

Price increases are hard to avoid. I just ordered a new batch of materials for the VC-mini and VC-touch. Everything is roughly 20% more expensive. I have had to raise prices on almost everything.

pasha811

Very sad to hear and sad for your friend. I wish him luck for the medical procedure to be successful and bring him back to his life.

Paolo
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

manicstarseed

My heart goes out to you and your friend.
Getting old can be real hard, especially when our joys and livelihoods get impacted.

Don't let cultural differences change how you express your love for your friends.

Bill Ruppert

Please wish him the best from Chicago.
He does such nice work.
I have a beautiful GKPX-14 he painted, and I love it (#001).
Maybe in time he can work more part-time when he feels ready.
We need him.
Bill

whippinpost91850

Nobulusprime

Hope he gets better soon. Great job on my GX-2, love that blue. Shame about my handiwork on my homemade pedalboard.
You cannot view this attachment.

shawnb

Sorry to hear about your friend.   Take care,
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

diecairo

Very bad news. I feel sad for your friend too. Please wish him the best from this community.
Health comes first, other problems are not real problems. As far as I'm concerned I could utilize your products even if unpainted.
Thanks for the info, as bad as it can be. Let's hope to hear something good soon, bye.
Diego.