New version of TriplePlay Mac and Windows v1.5.27 is now available

Started by FishmanSoftware, November 30, 2022, 11:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSoftware

We just released a new version (1.5.27) of the TriplePlay Mac and Windows software/plugin. You can find it by logging into your TriplePlay account on the Fishman website.

Here are the details for TriplePlay Software for Mac and Windows v1.5.27

Features, Improvements and Bug fixes:
Fixes subtle pitch errors in Poly mode when playing more than one note (firmware update applied to the TriplePlay Wireless controller)
Fixes a bug in the plugin version where user patches would sometimes not restore reliably when loading a DAW session
Added feature for the TriplePlay Connect controller, where pressing both buttons always toggles between trigger and auto bend modes, (firmware update)
Added filtering of bank select messages being sent to hosted plugins, these messages were (for example) confusing the NI Kontakt Player synth "Kinetic Treats" and causing it to be silent.
Pop-up Help text and other display text improved for clarification

Plugin scanning Improvements:
Plugin scanning speed improved
Individual plugin scanning support added for failed plugins (previously we required all plugins to be rescanned when trying to fix a failed plugin)
Added "Scan for New Plugins" to the "Options" menu in the Main window (removed "Rescan all Plugins")
The drop-down menu for the Split channels and Guitar audio channel now show the selections "Manage Instrument Plugins..." and "Manage Effect Plugins..."
The Plugin Management pop-up window now includes three buttons "Scan for new", "Rescan selected", and "Rescan all"
A confirmation dialog window added to the "Rescan all" option, warning about the length of time needed for a full plugin rescan.
Improved time to prompt user about resuming a scan or starting an initial scan.

I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have!

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

susbemol

Some great improvements, once again!

All of these small improvements end up making a very big difference so thanks so much.

pje

each time it feels better and better.
Still cant figure out how to use the software as home to midi libraries though.I wish there was a detailed video on how to set that up.

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

HCarlH

GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

Rolloq

ca-booter

Still issues with scanning VST3 plugins. Randomly during scanning of the VST folder the TPprg. crashes.
So I only can scan the VST2 plugins, because I have those in a seperate folder for the TP. This still cannot be done with the VST3 folder.
So how to fix this issue? Any solution would be very much appreciated.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ca-booter on February 09, 2023, 03:33:47 AMStill issues with scanning VST3 plugins. Randomly during scanning of the VST folder the TPprg. crashes.
So I only can scan the VST2 plugins, because I have those in a seperate folder for the TP. This still cannot be done with the VST3 folder.
So how to fix this issue? Any solution would be very much appreciated.
The simplest way is, after TP software crashes during a scan, restart the TP software, and in a few moments it will prompt you to resume the scan. The plugin that crashed will be skipped (because it will now be blacklisted due to the crash), any previous plugins that were scanned will be skipped over relatively quickly. After some number of cycles of crashing and resuming the scan, the scan will complete, and the plugins that don't work will be ignored. In the future if you add some new plugins and want to scan again, choose "Scan for New Plugins...", and the previously crashing/blacklisted plugins will continue to be ignored.

shawnb

I have two of the original Tripleplay Wireless controllers.  The software update was easy, & so was updating the firmware on both.  Thanks.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

ca-booter

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on February 09, 2023, 12:27:09 PMThe simplest way is, after TP software crashes during a scan, restart the TP software, and in a few moments it will prompt you to resume the scan. The plugin that crashed will be skipped (because it will now be blacklisted due to the crash), any previous plugins that were scanned will be skipped over relatively quickly. After some number of cycles of crashing and resuming the scan, the scan will complete, and the plugins that don't work will be ignored. In the future if you add some new plugins and want to scan again, choose "Scan for New Plugins...", and the previously crashing/blacklisted plugins will continue to be ignored.

Thanks, after a mornings work all the VST3 plugins are scanned now. Is there a file that I can copy to a safe place where those scanned plugins are saved?

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ca-booter on February 13, 2023, 01:25:17 AMThanks, after a mornings work all the VST3 plugins are scanned now. Is there a file that I can copy to a safe place where those scanned plugins are saved?
You can back up the TriplePlay settings file, which is probably what you are asking about; it lives here on Windows:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\TriplePlay_64\TriplePlay.settings

Note that this file is quite large and also contains every other setting, such as any user patches, preferences, etc. so you might want to periodically back this up as you make other changes and/or save patches.

Also, please be aware that the settings have been very stable for the last several years, so I'm not sure how much real need there is to back up the data. If you want to avoid the pain of what you just went through, the main thing is to never again use the option "Rescan all Plugins...", instead use "Scan for New Plugins..." when you add a plugin, which preserves the list of failed plugins.

In the past, we would ask you to use "Rescan all Plugins" when a plugin that was previously working crashed. But now have added "Rescan Selected Plugin" which allows you to click on the plugin that was previously working, and only rescan that one, thus avoiding the very long and painful process of rescanning everything.

ca-booter

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on February 13, 2023, 08:09:16 AMYou can back up the TriplePlay settings file, which is probably what you are asking about; it lives here on Windows:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\TriplePlay_64\TriplePlay.settings

Note that this file is quite large and also contains every other setting, such as any user patches, preferences, etc. so you might want to periodically back this up as you make other changes and/or save patches.

Also, please be aware that the settings have been very stable for the last several years, so I'm not sure how much real need there is to back up the data. If you want to avoid the pain of what you just went through, the main thing is to never again use the option "Rescan all Plugins...", instead use "Scan for New Plugins..." when you add a plugin, which preserves the list of failed plugins.

In the past, we would ask you to use "Rescan all Plugins" when a plugin that was previously working crashed. But now have added "Rescan Selected Plugin" which allows you to click on the plugin that was previously working, and only rescan that one, thus avoiding the very long and painful process of rescanning everything.

Thanks !

Sum Dhood

Well done Fishman!
After 3 years of utilizing the TP I'm still amazed at the improvements & performance.
I now know where to get direct help when needed as I'm new to the whole synth/midi learning curve.
Keep up the good work!