SY-1000 Godin Multiac SA and LGXSA Rig Preferences and Output from SY1000

Started by NightSky, November 17, 2022, 10:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightSky

Hello all,

I am planning on purchasing an SY-1000. I would like to set up my SY-1000 rig and Godin SA in the following manner... Is this possible?

Godin SA > GK13 pin cable > SY1000.
1. Control of synth volume is done with synth volume knob (or slider) on the guitar.
2. The normal guitar pickup volume from the guitar volume pot knobs on the guitar (so I can mix the two siginals as needed while performing).
3. Take SY-1000 synth outputs to a PA system
4. Take a normal guitar pickup output from the SY1000 to outboard effects, then on to a guitar amp.

Is this setup possible with the SY-1000 and my Godin SA guitars?

The GR55 has a normmal pickup guitar out. I don't see a guitar out connection on the SY-1000, but there may be a way to route it through software control in the SY-1000... Is that correct?

Brak(E)man

You can route everything separately through the possible 5 mono outputs ( including the send as an extra output) from wherever in the paths in the chain.
Or use any combo like 1 stereo output + 3 mono outputs etc.

(There's no separate guitar output but you can create one but imho there's no need.
the SY has enough possibilities onboard for normal guitar/ amp / fx combination as well and any extra fx can be added in the send/return or after the stereo outputs.)
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch