Yet another glitch (hint: laggy pedal action)

Started by Matthias K., October 25, 2022, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias K.

I know, I know,
I tend to build complex patches. Each of my patches has to offer useful options in Memory Mode and deeper options in Manual mode. So more often than not quite a few blocks and most if not all of the assigns are active (or ready for their big entrance via foot switch or exp pedal).

Maybe this is the reason for a pedal behavior I stumble across from time to time: Rocking the pedal to modify the wah or to bend the pitch is sometimes not just laggy but also stepped.

I think this happens because the GT-1000 (and I observed this with the GT-1, GT- 10 and GT-100, as well) has reached a processing ceiling. What I just don't quite unterstand is why the ceiling would be reached when lots of the effect blocks are indeed ready to go but not yet engaged.

Or is it something else that causes the pedal position readout to be laggy and somewhat disjointed? Maybe the sheer number and nature of assigns (often using the pedal to fade in, say, vibrato depth in unengaged PFX mode and other stuff).

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

PAH

Some people have reported the expression pedal being laggy/steppy when connected to Boss Tone Studio with certain firmware versions.  I think this has been fixed in the latest firmware.

I'd suggest:
- make sure you're using the latest firmware (3.20 as of today)
- try without Tone Studio connected

admin

Agreed with PAH

Its known on GP-10, GT-1000, SY-1000 , GX-100 - many real time controls (Expression Pedal, patch change time, Control pedals become sluggish response when also connected to Boss Tone Studio Editor.

Always save your settings and shut down and disconnect the BTS Editor when actually using Boss Gear.