My Patches

Started by Hammerhands, April 02, 2023, 04:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhands

I've recently bought a GT-1000Core.  I've attempted tp recreate the patches I use on my GT-001.

This is a bit of a work in progress, my first attempt!

The patches are:
Super Base.  This is the patch I always start with.  I've tried to make it sound like a Super Reverb.  This is a little brighter than what the GT-001 produces, I've added a bit of EQ to compensate.  If you turn on the effects or switch effects types, there is mostly something usuable setup.

Like Clean Heads.  This is a bass patch that I first encountered on the VF-1 called Clean Heads.  It is very simple, just a Boss compressor and EQ, I've turned NS off.  I love the sound.  If you turn on AMP1, it sounds a little different but mostly the same.  Oh, I should have put Amp1 on CTL1!

Super Harm Trem.  There are a bunch of different versions of this.  These use the splitter/mixer filters and wave pedals to create a Harmonic Tremolo. 

PLEASE NOTE that using BTS with a patch that uses wave pedals completely slows it down, to the point where it stops responding until you switch to a different patch.

Also, if you try to change the target of a wave pedal while the wave pedal is active, you can inadvertantly change the values of all sorts of parameters while scrolling through the targets.  The thing to do is to deactivate the wave pedals before adjusting them.

I've put a loop in the splitter/mixer as I watched a video that said the treble and bass parts of a harmonic tremolo are mixed together phase inverted.  The value of the Adjust parameter controls the phase.  It sounds to me like a value of 100 is 180 degrees.  It sounds different, but I'm not sure it sounds better.  You can turn it on and off, play with Adjust and decide for yourself!

[After more experimenting, I don't think Adjust even gets the phase to 90 degrees, because if you put one loop after the other and make the A and B side of the splitter/mixer the same, it still doesn't cancel out the sound.  Maybe it has something to do with latency?]

To adjust the depth of the tremolo, you need to change the minimum and maximum values of the wave pedals under Menu->Assign.

I've set CTL1 to tap tempo.

Here are the different versions of Super Harm Trem:

Super Harm Trem.  Uses the A:Level and B:Level of the mixer as the targets.

Super Harm Trem2.  Has AMP1 and AMP2 inside the splitter/mixer and uses the AMP1 and AMP2 levels as the targets.  This sounds better to me, the first version can sound a bit like a wah with a slow gear compared to what the GT-001 produces.

Super Harm Trem3.  Is the same as Super Harm Trem2 except the wave pedal for the treble side is set to quarter-note-triplets.  This my favourite sound!  Play a bass note, then play a 2 or 3-string chord on the top.

Super Harm Trem4.  This seems to be the same as Super Harm Trem2 but the tremolo is deeper.

Super Harm Trem5.  This uses one wave pedal with the target being the A/B BAL of the mixer.  The BPM is also set a lot faster.

Please post any improvements!

Can the GT-1000 users import these?

comfortstarr

Just joined vGuitar looking for this type of stuff. Thanks a lot!