fx floorboard does not connect Win11 Katana Head Mk 2

Started by BuleriaChk, September 23, 2022, 11:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuleriaChk

For the Katana Head, FXFloorboard does not connect (the connect light keeps flashing). This is on my Dell R2.  On my Dell XPS-15, it doesn't even come up; just flashes while initializing and then disappears.

Boss Tone Studio runs fine on both computers.  I will definitely make a donation to Gumtown if these issues can be resolved... :)

gumtown

In the FxFloorBoard menu Preferences/Midi check that "KATANA CTRL" is selected for both midi input and output devices, then press OK.
It should restart and connect.

Try selecting the launch icon with a right mouse click and choose "run as administrator"

Let me know how that goes, so we can work through it.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

BuleriaChk

Update: On the Alienware R2 by running directly into the port (not from a bus)  Floorboard is functional.  On the R2, came up via a  powered hub, so OK there.

On the XPS-15, even running as administrator, Katana Mk2 Floorboard is Windows Beta 0.02.  Running as administrator, USB from Katana plugged into usb-c port with an adapter, initializing window comes up, and then after a time simply disappears. Checking Task Manager, the process is no longer running.

Note: Again, Tone Studio runs fine.

Thanks very much for your quick response.