Greetings from the Northwest (of England)

Started by Bamboscha, August 16, 2022, 01:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamboscha

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker on here. I must say, it's an impressive forum. The depth and breadth of info available is stunning. As I'm finally starting to have problems with my V-guitar setup, I thought it only proper to introduce myself before I start plundering your collective genius for answers.

I got into guitar synths via a rather circuitous route stemming from my love of Brazilian music. I went to see Airto Moriera and his guitarist, Jose Neto was playing a weird guitar. Chatting to him after the show, I discovered that this was a Paradis guitar. This lead me to Polybass, which I'm sure many on here know about. I had to have it, so during lockdown I bought a Godin Multiac Nylon to install it in. That Multiac came with a free GR-55 (that's right!) and the rest is history.

I'm now at the stage where I would like to use the steel string acoustic models in the GR-55, which plain don't work with a nylon string guitar. So, having become a bit of a Godin fan-boy, I bought a second-hand Godin LG HMB with the intention of installing a GK-3 and getting my teeth into those acoustic models. Long story short, I did not do my homework and now I'm battling with a 16" fingerboard radius and a recessed tune-o-matic bridge. From what I've read on this forum, I perhaps don't need to worry too much about matching the GK pu with the fingerboard radius exactly, but I hadn't realised that the bridge on the LG was recessed and had hoped to use the TOM mounting bracket supplied with the GK3 and avoid drilling holes in the top of the guitar. Tough cookie I guess.

Anyway, great to meet you all and many thanks for the knowledge I've already gained.

gumtown

Welcome to VGuitarForums  :)
I can't offer any other suggestions for your GK-3 predicament that does not involve routing a hole into your nice guitar.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

chrish

Double sided tape is all I've ever used to mount an external mounted GK hex pup.