GT-1000CORE - whammy pitch shifting with an expression pedal?

Started by lavigie, May 02, 2022, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lavigie

Hi,

I am very new to the GT1000CORE, but I have had experience with several different modelers/amp sims like the 11R, the KPA for example.

I tried an expression pedal, which I managed to use for volume control, and also to control the wah effect (although I haven't found out yet how to use the expression pedal with the FV / PD FX setting, apparently you can use both in that setting)

I would like to know what other effects are possible to control with an expression pedal. Especially the pitch shifting effect (whammy type : octave up / down), is it possible to configure something somewhere? (the S-BEND effect is only on/off switchable, I didn't find a way of making it pedal-controlled).

I saw that the big GT-1000 does this whammy effect with the onboard expression pedal, but I am really scared my question falls into the GT1000CORE shortcomings section...

If the question has been asked before, can you point me to the discussion please? (I tried a couple searches)

BTW : love the tone, really good sensations, I really like the dynamics and sound textures.

EDIT : I have just come across a video explaining how to configure the expression pedal to control CTL1, and a couple of other tweaks (learning curve here we go!) :

I think that might be it! If anyone has had experience in such configuration adventures, for this or a different effect, I am very curious let me know!

gumtown

Yes you can, any GT-1000 parameter can be ASSIGNED to any control source.

In the Tone Studio editor, near the top menu bar,
select "CTL/EXP"
select "ASSIGN"
choose an Assign and switch it "on"
select 'edit'
on Page 1, in the TARGET CATEGORY, scroll down to near the bottom of the list and choose "PEDAL BEND"
in the "TARGET PARAMETER" choose "Pedal Position"
set SOURCE to your EXP (1 or 2)
set MODE to Moment (momentary means to do gradual change as the pedal sweeps, toggle hard switches between the extreme minimum and maximum)
now close all those dialog windows.

then in the "FX" unit, select Pedal Bend effect,
select the Min and Max ranges you want, typically MIN = 0 MAX = -24 for a 2 octave dive.
Set the pedal Position to 0 (sets pitch to min = 0) as this is where the effect will be at on patch selection, or when an EXP pedal is not present.

Back to the ASSIGN, you can also set the EXP pedal Range of operation by going into the Assign Page 2 and adjusting the Active Range Min and Max settings.
Set Act Range Min to 64 and the Pedal Bend effect won't begin happening until the pedal is half way down, using only the bottom half of the EXP pedal range to do the Whammy Dive,
leaving the EXP pedal first half travel to do something else.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

lavigie

Wow thank you @gumtown for taking the time to write this step by step guide for me, I set it up in no time!

I like the +2 octaves setting for a start, but I will experiment.

Now on to reading some more in between these joyful guitar sessions.