GK3 PU wires squished under arm on Les Paul - flip PU 180 degrees?

Started by abbaby, April 30, 2022, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbaby

Hi, am new eager user to this device and techknowledgy and Les Paul guitar player and am concerned about GK3 Roland Boss wire (6 wires bundle of wires from pick up to GK3 unit device) that have nowhere but to sit under my arm - I have to change my fingering of right hand to come over the top of the bridge and no palm muting, so not to put weight on the bundle of wires (that will fail soon, as start to pull out of their sockets). Already the plastic casing has slid exposing the wires that run into the PU at the low E. 
Can I reverse the pick up 180 degrees? I could flip wires to below where guitar knobs are.
I guess each of the 6 pick ups would be set up for E, A, D, G, B E, and wouldn't recognise E, B, G, D, A, E?
???

admin

Quote from: abbaby on April 30, 2022, 01:12:38 PM
Hi, am new eager user to this device and techknowledgy and Les Paul guitar player and am concerned about GK3 Roland Boss wire (6 wires bundle of wires from pick up to GK3 unit device) that have nowhere but to sit under my arm - I have to change my fingering of right hand to come over the top of the bridge and no palm muting, so not to put weight on the bundle of wires (that will fail soon, as start to pull out of their sockets). Already the plastic casing has slid exposing the wires that run into the PU at the low E. 
Can I reverse the pick up 180 degrees? I could flip wires to below where guitar knobs are.
I guess each of the 6 pick ups would be set up for E, A, D, G, B E, and wouldn't recognise E, B, G, D, A, E?
???

Reversing GK PU is common and prefered by many

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3365.0#msg22370

abbaby

Thanks for this info, I followed link and first image is of software of GK setup of SY-1000 to reverse it, so seems can turn it 180? I will try that method with settings 'maybach'. It is interesting to see the other posts in link which are to permanently reverse it with changing wires at the end of the loom. From:
1. Brown.........String 1 - high E
2. Red............String 2 - B
3. Orange.......String 3 - G
4. Yellow........String 4 - D
5. Green..........String 5 - A
6. Blue............String 6 - low E
7. Black...........Ground
8. Ground Shield

To: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Brown Black Ground shield

admin

Older GK Processors lack the GK "REVERSE" setting

So I always perform the electrical mod , so I can use any GK Processor

The GK-3 has lower output level vs GK-2A ,

For best compatibility with all GK Processors , I still prefer the Yamaha G1D, which has same output as GK-2A

abbaby

Thanks heaps., I saw in the Sy-1000 after turning pick up 180 in the lcd screen settings can reverse the pup, sensitivity etc. Is much nicer now.
I am still having trouble getting normal pick ups to work - the GK3 selector says can change synth, mix, guitar ...

admin

Quote from: abbaby on April 30, 2022, 06:45:02 PM
Thanks heaps., I saw in the Sy-1000 after turning pick up 180 in the lcd screen settings can reverse the pup, sensitivity etc. Is much nicer now.
I am still having trouble getting normal pick ups to work - the GK3 selector says can change synth, mix, guitar ...

That's always a battle

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34437.0#msg254499