TriplePlay Mac/Windows software v1.5.22 is now available on the Fishman website

Started by FishmanSoftware, April 21, 2022, 12:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimyo

Quote from: ca-booter on July 23, 2022, 01:24:11 AMVery disappointing if one could not use the TP in the upcoming next version of Cubase anymore. I only use the TP as a plugin in recordings of verious instruments as a guitarist.

it's not optimal but there are some solutions to running non-supported plugins.  i think bluecat has one.  in ableton unify will load many vst's which don't work natively. 

i'm not familiar with cubase, but it might also be possible to run tripleplay standalone and feed the audio/midi into cubase. 

certainly not as nice as a vst3 version, but maybe enough to get you through.

tjcesq

Does 1.5.22 install TP plug ins OTHER THAN AU?
Is there an issue running 1.5.22 on apple silicone?

I am running a fresh install of TP software on a new TP wireless controller with the firmware update.
Attempts to access TP plug in through Digital Performer (which 'passed' the plug in) crash the DAW
(DP does see the TP as a controllers supplying incoming midi, but you can't access TP patches and settings without the plug in)

Motu suggested trying something other than the AU version of the plugin, but I don't see anything BUT the au as being installed.
documentation online suggests there is a VST plugin as well.
Is that correct as to 1.5.22?
Did something go off in my install, and if so do I just hunt down the plug in or do a fresh install?  When I download and initiate the install process it wants to put in Konkat and Synthmaster stuff all over again which I DON'T want to do.

Has anyone gotten 1.5.22 running as a plug in with DP?

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: tjcesq on August 12, 2022, 04:55:17 AMDoes 1.5.22 install TP plug ins OTHER THAN AU?
Is there an issue running 1.5.22 on apple silicone?

I am running a fresh install of TP software on a new TP wireless controller with the firmware update.
Attempts to access TP plug in through Digital Performer (which 'passed' the plug in) crash the DAW
(DP does see the TP as a controllers supplying incoming midi, but you can't access TP patches and settings without the plug in)

Motu suggested trying something other than the AU version of the plugin, but I don't see anything BUT the au as being installed.
documentation online suggests there is a VST plugin as well.
Is that correct as to 1.5.22?
Did something go off in my install, and if so do I just hunt down the plug in or do a fresh install?  When I download and initiate the install process it wants to put in Konkat and Synthmaster stuff all over again which I DON'T want to do.

Has anyone gotten 1.5.22 running as a plug in with DP?
Maybe some other person on this forum can answer your last question.
TriplePlay installer installs VST, AU, and AAX plugins on Mac. On Windows it installs VST and AAX plugins.
TriplePlay 1.5.22 is known to work on Apple Silicon and with Mac OS Monterey, but it relies on Rosetta, so if prompted to install Rosetta choose yes.
If for some reason you don't have the VST version on your computer, just run the installer again. It is easy to skip over the parts you don't want to re-install.
Regarding Digital Performer, we are requesting a license from MOTU so we can look into this.
If the VST plugin works for you in DP, then obviously you can use that. Another approach is to simply use DP to host the sounds you want, and use the TriplePlay controller just like you might use a MIDI keyboard, i.e. no special software needed except for configuration (string sensitivities, "monitor hand position", bend range, etc.).