TriplePlay Mac/Windows software v1.5.22 is now available on the Fishman website

Started by FishmanSoftware, April 21, 2022, 12:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSoftware

TriplePlay Mac/Windows software v1.5.22 is now available on the Fishman website.

This page requires you to log in to your TriplePlay account: https://www.fishman.com/tripleplay-downloads/

Improved performance, new software features, and now with VST3 support.
Please let us know if you run into any problems or questions. Details below...

Firmware Updates - list of additions and changes:

Updated controller firmware for both wireless (v2.62) and Connect (v1.43), which:

Prevents out-of-tune notes at note end. Now near the end of a note's life when pitch tracking can no longer follow the note pitch, the note pitch is (generally) returned to the nearest fret, unless it is already very close.

Now transmits redundant program change/bank select/ etc. when changing patches. Previously the controller would refuse to transmit the data unless it was a change, but now always sends all of the patch setup data, thus patch changes are more reliable, particularly when you (for example) manually adjust the sound on a connected hardware synth between patch changes.

Fixes a bug where sometimes notes would play staccato. This could be reproduced by creating a fret split where the lower frets would be set to Trigger and the higher frets would be set to Auto or Smooth. Frequently the controller would get confused where the Trigger split would play staccato on certain strings. Now works properly.

New wireless encoder firmware minimizes the number of pitch bend and volume messages in the transmit queue, which might help avoiding stuck notes in difficult radio environments.

Software Updates - list of additions and changes
:

The latest version of TriplePlay v1.5.22 now supports VST3 plugins.

After scanning for VST plugins it will automatically continue the scan, looking for VST3 plugins. All plugins that are successfully scanned will indicate VST or VST3, but note that many/most plugins will show as both versions. This is primarily needed for Steinberg plugins, because they no longer offer/support the old VST format. 
Note that in Windows, any VST3 plugins you want to use must be installed in normal locations; there is no support for custom locations for VST3. We have never supported specifying custom locations for Mac plugins.

Plugin scanning is faster now.

After controller firmware update is complete, now current patch parameters are properly sent to controller. Previously, after this firmware update the controller could be in an incorrect state.

Now FC-1 expression pedal calibration is properly saved to the FC-1 when the user chooses "Save".

Added features to display large patch names. This is now selectable in the main window via "Options/Show large patch name", and in the Patches window via "Options/ShowHide Large Patch Name", and is always enabled in the Songs window.
Increased max number of user patches from 240 to 2048.

Greatly sped up library install, library refresh, and user patches import.

Added logic to allow scrolling between songs or libraries. When you increment past the last patch in a song or library, the first patch in the next song or library (if any) will be selected. Decrementing works similarly in the other direction.

In the Patches window, now the current library patch is forced to be on-screen after selection, and as part of that the associated library is opened for display if needed.

Fixed a bug where the hold/sustain indicator (under the string sensitivity/tuner display) was not working.

Added a new menu item in the Patches window "Delete All User Patches" which does not break songs (if any) and is super fast. We recommend always using "Export User Patches..." to back up your user patches before deleting them.

Patch Importer no longer asks "Delete or Add?" if no user patches exist.

Delete individual user patch now no longer breaks songs (if used in any), so therefore no longer a warning if the patch is used in one or more songs.

Fixed all remaining crashes when deleting user patches.

Added the ability to rename Songs.

Most windows are no longer modal, although we only allow one patch parameter window to be open at a time. Preferences window is still modal.

Now the auto-prompt to scan for plugins no longer requires the controller to be connected.

The check for available software updates is no longer blocked when the current patch has been modified.

Minor improvements to pop-up help text in the main window to help with clarity.

Minor tweaks to the splits display to make the split 3 region more noticeable.

Now you can open the patch params window with a single-click on the left side of the main window; double-click is still supported.

Now in the patch params window, the controller status strings are now consistent with what is shown in the main window.

Removed pop-up help text for sensitivity meters that was blocking the view of the meters themselves.

Disabled display of no longer supported Audition button and Patch Info.

No longer possible to inappropriately select an audio plugin or synth plugin for a Hardware patch.

Wireless encoder firmware update progress graph now shows better representation of progress (more like what is displayed for receiver), previously it looked like it never got beyond 35%.

Clear messaging to place the controller so it is touching the receiver during wireless encoder firmware update.

Now Patch Library install/refresh (and user patch import) status window is the correct color scheme (black with green outline). Previously it was white with black text.

Now on Mac, Patch Library (and user patch import) install/refresh status window uses consistent layout when examining and installing a library.

Known issue: On Windows, when trying to use Native Instrument's Komplete Start, after installing the package from NI you need to manually add the plugin search path "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit" to be able to scan for the new NI plugins.

-John Teele

admin

susbemol

Lots of great stuff in this update! Thanks for your continued work on this brilliant product.

paganskins

Update ran smoothly for me, and for the first time ever the synth plugins installed – I was mainly using hardware synths previously so didn't bother pursuing a fix in the past.

Also the drop outs I had been experiencing seem to be a thing of the past too.

Nice work Fishman, thanks very much :)

alexmcginness

still working on it. I installed it on my video editing machine and it works. That machine is running W10. My music machine is not on the Net and is using W7. TP works until I install synthhmaster and then TP tells me it cant find the receiver. The struggle continues....

So 4 hours into this and Im guessing that TP is no longer supported in W7 64 bit. Back to the old version. Im glad I imaged the C drive before trying this.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: alexmcginness on May 04, 2022, 10:07:44 AM
still working on it. I installed it on my video editing machine and it works. That machine is running W10. My music machine is not on the Net and is using W7. TP works until I install synthhmaster and then TP tells me it cant find the receiver. The struggle continues....

So 4 hours into this and Im guessing that TP is no longer supported in W7 64 bit. Back to the old version. Im glad I imaged the C drive before trying this.

We didn't do anything deliberate to drop functional support for Windows 7, but because Win 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and thus no longer safe to use when connected to the internet, we no longer put priority on testing it. Having said that, if you provide more details about what you struggled with (4 hours is a long time, and I can run the installer in a few minutes total) we will look into it and I will get back to you here. The more details you provide, the more quickly and easily I can diagnose what is going wrong and help get you sorted out.

I said the same thing to you in the Facebook forum. I also mentioned there about the fact that Windows 7 does not have built-in ISO mounting capability, so you may need to download a free ISO mounting utility.

Regarding the problem you ran into where the software could not find the receiver; when that happens on Windows try simply unplugging the receiver and then plug it back in. Or wait a few moments after starting the software before plugging in the receiver. If neither of those options helps, then maybe another app (such as Pro Tools, etc.) is connecting to the USB MIDI from the receiver, so try quitting any other music/MIDI apps, because unlike the Mac, older versions of Windows only allow one client per USB MIDI port. The latest Windows 10 now offers multi-client USB MIDI, but not all apps utilize that capability.

-John

alexmcginness

I finally got it in but it wasnt easy. I started at about 10:20 am and finished at about 11pm with it finally working. I just installed the synth that was in the install and got all my plugins scanned. I wouldnt even dare attempt to install the other content as I went thru that ordeal when I bought the Triple play and found it literally impossible to get that sound content, up and running. There is a way to trick it to get it working I guess, as Ive seen people demoing the included sound content, but I could never figure it out so Im just using TP to trigger the software synths I have and the outboard synths. It works good for that.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

kevorkian

Vaultnaemsae

I just got my FTP-equipped guitar back after 3.5 years in pandemic-induced overseas storage. I did the various SW/HW updates and in hardware mode the FTP is really giving some sterling performance -- quite a treat after Roland/BOSS and MG2 performance since 2019.

But, and I hope our Fishman rep. would take this on board, I already have licences for NI's Komplete 13 and KV331's SM1/2. None of the Fishman programmed user presets work properly and SM1 patches sometimes crash the FTP app.

I'm personally not too fussed as I don't really use these presets other than to experiment from time to time but it seems a pretty major oversight, IMO.

Aside from that, one suggestion would be to make the various mixer controls in the software MIDI controllable. I haven't tested but I assume that PC commands are not received by the FTP app? If the software could be used standalone that would be very nice.

Another thing is that the intermittent USB connection problems persist. I have found only one port on my USB hub that gives fairly solid performance. If I use it on the MIDI host port on my audio/MIDI interface it drops connection as it does if it's connected to virtually any other USB port on a computer or iPad. I've tried everything and contacted Fiahman and I still have no answer all these years later. It's the last bridge to cross to make this tech usable across the board: studio/live.

[FWIW I'm on macOS 12 on an M1 MacBook Air.]
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on May 05, 2022, 11:23:22 PM
I just got my FTP-equipped guitar back after 3.5 years in pandemic-induced overseas storage. I did the various SW/HW updates and in hardware mode the FTP is really giving some sterling performance -- quite a treat after Roland/BOSS and MG2 performance since 2019.

But, and I hope our Fishman rep. would take this on board, I already have licences for NI's Komplete 13 and KV331's SM1/2. None of the Fishman programmed user presets work properly and SM1 patches sometimes crash the FTP app.

I'm personally not too fussed as I don't really use these presets other than to experiment from time to time but it seems a pretty major oversight, IMO.

Aside from that, one suggestion would be to make the various mixer controls in the software MIDI controllable. I haven't tested but I assume that PC commands are not received by the FTP app? If the software could be used standalone that would be very nice.

Another thing is that the intermittent USB connection problems persist. I have found only one port on my USB hub that gives fairly solid performance. If I use it on the MIDI host port on my audio/MIDI interface it drops connection as it does if it's connected to virtually any other USB port on a computer or iPad. I've tried everything and contacted Fiahman and I still have no answer all these years later. It's the last bridge to cross to make this tech usable across the board: studio/live.

[FWIW I'm on macOS 12 on an M1 MacBook Air.]

Thanks for your very specific and clear feedback.

Regarding NI Komplete, we provide a few patch libraries for "Komplete Start" which uses Kontakt Player, but currently nothing for the full version. We have been discussing ideas for how to better provide patch libraries, but for now you will need to make your own patches for that bundle.

Regarding SM1 crashing, I recommend making sure that you are running the latest version, then click on Settings at the bottom, in Settings set MIDI Input Channel to Multi, and make sure that the "Global" Pitch Bend Range Up and Down is set to 12 semitones. If you follow these instructions and you still experience crashing, let me know here and I will look into it. FYI I never experience crashing these days with SM1 and I have used it on many systems. Maybe it will turn out to be a Mac M1-related problem, but hard to say.

Regarding the mixer controls being MIDI controllable, a year or so ago we added a feature where you can control each of the six mixer faders with MIDI CC 100-105 on MIDI channel 8, but I'm not 100% certain that this will work in a DAW, I need to take another look at this. I can see that as a plugin we ought to provide a list of automation parameters to simplify things.

There is a standalone version of the software, assuming I am understanding your question. You can select an additional MIDI input via Options/Preferences... and choose a setting for "Foot Pedal MIDI Input" (it doesn't need to be a foot pedal).

Regarding intermittent USB connection, I assume that you are using TriplePlay wireless, and that it sometimes works and then loses the connection periodically; is that what you are experiencing? USB hubs typically create a lot of RF interference, so I suggest you start by using a USB extension cable and connect the receiver to that, which gets the receiver further away from the computer and hub and other sources of interference, and closer to the TriplePlay controller. Trying this will help to narrow down what is going wrong, so let me know what you find, or give me more details so I can better help you.

Vaultnaemsae

Thanks for your reply. For starters...yes, I'm using the wireless device.

Yes, the user has to install complete Start which is just more "stuff" on top of the extremely large NI library of content. I guess it's not a big deal -- just more content.

I reinstalled SM1 (it was on the latest version already) and I can't seem to crash it now but I'm testing preset access without a controller cos I'm out of town. TBC...

I also tested controlling the mixer faders via CC#100-105 (ch. 8). I was sending a sweeping envelope from 0-127 and back from 127 to 0 from Live 11 over IAC MIDI ...the MIDI input is set to IAC in the FTP app settings. It definitely doesn't work. In any case your comments about the automation parameters are on the right track and hope that it could go this way at some stage in the future.

I have a USB extension cable and I'll give it a try ASAP.

Also, is it correct that there are only 3 presets in the Factory Presets category? -- 1. Hardware Synth, 2. Notation, 3. No Sound...  -- Not sure if this is a hangover form a previous install.

Many thanks :)
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

diecairo

Thanks for the info about the updates. But I can't find the firmware update file in the software section of Fishman's site. Is it self contained inside the ISO of the  1.5.22 new software?
Thanks.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: diecairo on May 08, 2022, 03:27:09 PM
Thanks for the info about the updates. But I can't find the firmware update file in the software section of Fishman's site. Is it self contained inside the ISO of the  1.5.22 new software?
Thanks.
What you need to do is install v1.5.22, run it, connect your TriplePlay hardware, and then you will be prompted by the TP software for any applicable firmware updates. Hope this is clear!

ca-booter

It's a pain that you can't avoid the VST3 scanning.On my W10 the TP software now crashes constantly while scanning/"testing VST3".
And I even do not want a lot of those instruments to choose from in the TP list. Too confusing and I only play them on my keyboard.

WHy can't you only scan VST2 plugins anymore? FOr this purpose I have those in a seperate TriplePlay folder, so it only scanned those that I want to use with TP.
Or is it possible to choose (folder) or disable the VST3 scan?

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ca-booter on May 28, 2022, 03:17:14 AMIt's a pain that you can't avoid the VST3 scanning.On my W10 the TP software now crashes constantly while scanning/"testing VST3".
And I even do not want a lot of those instruments to choose from in the TP list. Too confusing and I only play them on my keyboard.

WHy can't you only scan VST2 plugins anymore? FOr this purpose I have those in a seperate TriplePlay folder, so it only scanned those that I want to use with TP.
Or is it possible to choose (folder) or disable the VST3 scan?
Thanks for your feedback. We are planning to improve the situation at some point, but exact details are not yet decided. For now be aware that if the software crashes during the scan, the next time you restart the software it will prompt you to resume the scan, and if you allow it to resume and make it through multiple steps of this, it will eventually complete the scan for all plugins that are compatible. Each plugin in the selection list will indicate VST vs VST3 so you can choose which ones you want to use. The reason we addd VST3 support is that there are certain popular plugins that are only available as VST3.

ca-booter

Thanks. I know all of my VST3's, almost all of them are FX so not to use in TP.
But it took me to omuch time to scan this folder, so I disabled the VST3 folder for the scan so it does not see those. Next start is just fine now, only VST2's.
I hope there will be the same solution as for the VST2 path, that you can choose yourself and make a seperate folder for TP-plugins as I have now.

kimyo

it looks like 1.5.22 is sending a pc message when the tripleplay vst is switched on.

can this behavior be disabled?  the previous version didn't do this.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: kimyo on June 03, 2022, 01:05:12 AMit looks like 1.5.22 is sending a pc message when the tripleplay vst is switched on.

can this behavior be disabled?  the previous version didn't do this.

Currently it cannot be disabled, and yes it is related to changes made in the most recent release. Maybe we can improve the situation. Can you describe how this is causing a problem?

kimyo

when i activate the software (mainly for tuning, sometimes to tweak settings) it resets whichever synth is in the path to patch0.

i do not use any of the zone features and i do not want to keep the software active when not in use. 

which is the latest version of the software which does NOT send the pc change?

ca-booter

Can you tell when TP software is going to be a VST3-i?
Because of Steinberg is ending VST2 support.

ElectroFuzz

Question, is it possible to roll back this version in case I don't like it?

;)

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ElectroFuzz on July 18, 2022, 01:58:15 PMQuestion, is it possible to roll back this version in case I don't like it?

;)
Yes. But be aware we typically don't provide the previous versions on our website, so hang onto the installer for the previous version, or contact Fishman support if you want to roll back to a version that you don't have an installer for. You would simply install the version that you want to use, over the version you don't want to use.

philjynx

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on July 19, 2022, 02:06:09 PMYes. But be aware we typically don't provide the previous versions on our website, so hang onto the installer for the previous version, or contact Fishman support if you want to roll back to a version that you don't have an installer for. You would simply install the version that you want to use, over the version you don't want to use.
You could though, you're already stars when it comes to user support, a few megabytes of server space wouldn't break the bank and you'd be bettering the competition in yet another way.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: ca-booter on July 10, 2022, 11:50:30 PMCan you tell when TP software is going to be a VST3-i?
Because of Steinberg is ending VST2 support.
Currently there is no timeline for converting the TriplePlay plugin to VST3. But thanks for your clear and specific feedback.

ca-booter

Quote from: FishmanSoftware on July 19, 2022, 02:58:54 PMCurrently there is no timeline for converting the TriplePlay plugin to VST3. But thanks for your clear and specific feedback.

Very disappointing if one could not use the TP in the upcoming next version of Cubase anymore. I only use the TP as a plugin in recordings of verious instruments as a guitarist.