Catalyst Global Settings

Started by admin, April 06, 2022, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

GLOBAL SETTINGS

Observe Global Settings panel above.
Latching is option for LED dual footswitch

An old Marshall or the official Catalyist LFS2

But there are functions where a Momentary footswitch is required, like tap tempo

And I suspect A/B Channel selection has faster patch change with a momentary

But no LEDS if you use Momentary foot switches.

The FX Loop is unity gain , with a straight patch cable connected from FX Send to FX  Return , there is a  -6 dB signal loss  on FX Return when FX Loop is set to Power amp input and Loop is Engaged in the System settings

Line-6 probably designed the FX Loop  in this manner to accommodate higher output levels from external MFX outputs levels.  But worth knowing
FSW2 Assignment Options

The Expression Pedal  possible Target FX to Control are dependent on what actual FX are currently enabled on the current patch

admin

Latching is option for LED dual footswitch

An old Marshall or the official Catalyist LFS2 dual latching Footswitch

But there are functions where a Momentary footswitch is required, like tap tempo

But no LEDS if you use Momentary foot switches.

Catalyst LFS2 Dual Footswitch employs similar circuit as Marshall Dual Footswitch , but LFS2 employs 1k ohm resistors
The schematic is from a Marshal Footswitch - which many Catalyst owners report works as well
just ignore the unused connections, as  Marshall uses DPDT switches, the official Line-6 footswitch uses SPDT switches.
Verify the LED Cathodes are  tied to the Sleeve

Schematic wire color  vs Line-6 wire color
                             MARSHAL      LINE-6
TRS SLEEVE       Green              Black
TRS Ring             Red                  Green
TRS Tip                White              White

on Catalyst Edit - make sure you have chosen the correct footswitch type
(SELECT "FOOTSWITCH Momentary = OFF)

The logic on the amp may seems backwards
the LED Lights when the switch contacts are "open", Closing the switch , the LED goes OFF

Thats normal and how it works  - as the amp toggles each state.

dazco

Steve, is that pic of the footswitch above a LFS2 ? Because i have tried everything and nothing works. Using a known good and *checked* TRS cable, I tried:

1. LED from sleeve to ring. LED lights up, amp effect does not change from on to off or visa versa
2. Resistor from sleeve to LED, LED to ring. LED lights up, no change on amp
3. LED from sleeve to resistor, resistor to ring. LED lights, no change on amp.

Then i tried numerous LEDs, some various sizes and shapes, tried the 1k resistors and various other values and it's definately not that. It never changes at the amp so i cannot see how that schematic can be right. I can short it, no LED or resistor and it works. Have you actually tried this because i've spend many decades doing electronic mods and repairs and building amps and effects etc, and i'm not a beginner at this. granted, i'm very poor at theory but this is dead simple stuff i'm asking this because if you aren't sure i can then rest easy knowing theres something more complicated going on in the LFS2 and discontinue my efforts. And yes, i turned momentary in the cat off. Works fine with momentary switches but i need indicators. I'd just buy one if i know theres more to it and no schematics around, but i need to try the amp with band first to be sure it's not going back and $45 to use it one time is a bit much to have indicators for one nite.

dazco

No version to show, i'm just holding the parts to the plug. Theres got to be something different with the LEDs. Maybe dual color/voltage or some such thing? Has anyone u know built one because like i said theres nothing i haven't tried. and yes, cathode to sleeve which is why i noted they did light which indicates the cathode was at sleeve or the would not light.

admin

Yes that's a pic of the official Line-6 dual footswitch

Same as the recent Ampeg footswiitch
https://www.zzounds.com/item--AMGAFS2

Catalyst LFS2 Dual Footswitch employs similar circuit as Marshal Dual Footswitch , but LFS2 employs 1k ohm resistors
The schematic is from a Marshal Footswitch - which many Catalyst owners report works as well
just ignore the unused connections, as  Marshall uses DPDT switches, the official Line-6 footswitch uses SPDT switches.
Verify the LED Cathodes are  tied to the Sleeve

Schematic wire color  vs Line-6 wire color
                             MARSHAL      LINE-6
TRS SLEEVE       Green              Black
TRS Ring             Red                  Green
TRS Tip                White              White

on Catalyst Edit - make sure you have chosen the correct footswitch type
(SELECT "FOOTSWITCH Momentary = OFF)

the LED Lights when the switch contacts are "open", Closing the switch , the LED goes OFF

dazco

Quote from: admin on May 25, 2022, 09:34:02 AMFOOT SWITCH Momentary = OFF)

YES !!!! Thats it, thanks Steve ! I missed that in the schematic but when you said that i looked at it and realized that.