Best method to connect and setup GTKCore for post effects (only) in amp FX Loop?

Started by Tritium, March 04, 2022, 10:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritium

Alright, this is probably a silly question...but there is literally NO reference in the Boss GT1000 manuals, guides, startup instructions, or YouTube tutorials which explain best practice/method for connecting the GTK into an amp's FX Loop, when the purpose is to use it exclusively for post-effects (i.e., delays and reverb).

There is a ton of explanations for hooking it up in the 4-Cable Method...but that is NOT what I want to do.  I only want the 2-Cable method for the amp's FX Loop.

So, do I use the GTK's guitar input to connect to the amp's FX send, and the GTK's main output to connect to amp's FX Return?  Or, do I use the GTK's Loop Return for connecting to the amp's FX Send?
If I am only using delay and reverb, do I have to configure the GTK in any special manner...or is it simply a matter of turning off the amp block and the cabinet block?  Can you start with a blank signal chain, and only add the two effects, or is it more complicated?

jwbassgarl

I've been searching for the exact same info...and it seems it cannot be found. I'm still looking.

Pi3141

I can't refer to any official BOSS information but from a practical standpoint it would make sense to go AMP FX SEND -> GT RETURN -> GT MAIN OUT -> AMP RETURN. This way you could place the GT send/return block before the post FX and didn't have to care about what's going on in front of it. Obviously you would also have to set an appropriate output mode on the GT without cab simulation.

Going AMP FX SEND -> GT INPUT -> ... seems to be less practical because of the non-moveable nature of the input block.

admin

Quote from: Pi3141 on May 19, 2022, 04:27:28 AMI can't refer to any official BOSS information but from a practical standpoint it would make sense to go AMP FX SEND -> GT RETURN -> GT MAIN OUT -> AMP RETURN. This way you could place the GT send/return block before the post FX and didn't have to care about what's going on in front of it. Obviously you would also have to set an appropriate output mode on the GT without cab simulation.

Going AMP FX SEND -> GT INPUT -> ... seems to be less practical because of the non-moveable nature of the input block.

correct, and connect guitar to GT-1000core guitar 1 input