GT-1000- How to "soft-pan" the two amp blocks to the left and right channels

Started by Danelectro, March 03, 2022, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danelectro

A member over in the GT-1000 Facebook group asked about how to run two AMP blocks simultaneously with one amp going to the right channel and the other going to the left, however he didn't want them to be hard-panned L & R, rather he want some bleed though to the opposite channels.  For instance, AMP1 is 100% in the left channel, 30% in the right, while AMP2 is 100% in the right channel, 30% in the left.  I posted a technique to accomplish this, however once posts drift off the bottom of Facebook pages they are forgotten forever, so I decided to repost it here in this forum for future reference.

After some experimentation, I came up with a solution which that uses the three DIVIDERS and MIXERS.  Here is the arrangement of the blocks and the mixer settings:

DIV1, DIV2, and DIV3 are all set to DUAL

MIX 1 (which follows AMP1) is set to PAN L/R, A & B levels are 100, A/B BALANCE is 100:30. This sends 100% signal to the left channel and 30% to the right channel

MIX 2 (which follows AMP2) is set to PAN L/R, A & B levels are 100, A/B BALANCE is 30:100. This sends 30% signal to the left channel and 100% to the right channel

MIX3 is set to STEREO, both A & B levels are 100, and the A/B BALANCE is 100.

With this arrangement AMP1 will be be at 100% volume in the left channel, 30% volume in the right.  AMP2 is the same but opposite channels.

If you want to get a more of the "amp in a room" sound, play around with the SPREAD on DIV 1 and 2. SPREAD create a delay of a few milliseconds between the 100% signal on the left and the 30% signal on the right. The slight delay makes it sound like an amp in a big room. A setting of 15-20 is probably where you want to end up, but play around with higher settings. It makes a very noticeable difference.

TIP: While I was experimenting with how to create this patch, I set AMP1 to a clean JC120 sound and AMP2 to a heavily overdriven X-HI-GAIN sound so that they sounded distinctly different  This made it easy for me to detect if I was getting the results I was after. Once the MIXERS are set up properly, then you can adjust the AMP blocks to whatever you want them to be.

gumtown

Thanks for sharing  8)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Smash