Volume pedal use with an A/B switch using both an electric and acoustic electric

Started by fireresq1, February 26, 2022, 06:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireresq1

Question for the group: I have an A/B switch that I use to switch between an electric and acoustic electric guitar running into the SY-300 input jack. I am considering a volume pedal to help with ambient swells as opposed to the volume control knob(s) on the instruments but I am confused as to whether I need an active or passive pedal - or even if this would work. Has anyone had any experience with this and can recommend a pedal if in fact it will work? TIA

admin

What Make / model Acoustic guitar?

I assume it has a factory battery preamp?

Most would use a Roland EV-5 Expression pedal connected to SY-300, assigned to a Volume control element that would allow reverb tails to linger

fireresq1

The acoustic is a Taylor 414-ceR, and yes, it has a battery preamp. Thanks for the input (pun intended) :-)

gumtown

A passive pedal will work for volume in-line to the input (between A/BV switch and SY-300 input,
best if it is a high impedance volume pedal like the Boss FV-500H (H for high impedance).

But and EXPression pedal can control the input levels and so much more by use of the SY-300 control assigns
an EXP pedal such as the EV-5 or EV-30
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/