Install GK-Kit-GT3 on H.Benton CST-24HB

Started by Silent, January 03, 2022, 05:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent

Thanks to the whole forum for the good tips and tricks on pickup installation.
This is my second installation with better solution & HW.
PRS: Cu24-92/Cu24-13/McCarty-01/Santana-10/SantanaSE// Gibson: LP Std/ES335// Fender: Telec std/Telec Dlx// Godin: Multiac SA/A6 Ultra// Marcus Miller fretless// Cort Artisan A4 Custom
AMPs: Mesa MarkV, Bogner Shiva, Fender HR Deville, Marshall JCM800 superbass, Musicman 212HD, Roland Bolt60...

roachone

gumbo

Well done, and well done also on putting the jack together...

Although I obviously have acknowledged interests in the products that I make, I would point out that it was a lot of effort to still end up with a jack that is not locking and relies principally on the pressure of the tip of the jackplug locking pawl exerting on the inside of the metal shell of the ("Cool Novelties" ?) 13-pin jack to provide the sole Ground connection.

IMHO, a prospective fail point waiting to happen in the future...

STILL...

...well done and a great looking installation.

Regards,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Silent

Thanks  :)

I think its possible to make a slot for locking if there is desire and time ...
I just removed the "bad tooth"
because the mechanical connection is very good.
PRS: Cu24-92/Cu24-13/McCarty-01/Santana-10/SantanaSE// Gibson: LP Std/ES335// Fender: Telec std/Telec Dlx// Godin: Multiac SA/A6 Ultra// Marcus Miller fretless// Cort Artisan A4 Custom
AMPs: Mesa MarkV, Bogner Shiva, Fender HR Deville, Marshall JCM800 superbass, Musicman 212HD, Roland Bolt60...

aliensporebomb

Wow, in a semi-acoustic - you are braver than I.   Nice looking job, very well done! 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

arkieboy

Very nice job.  I have a soft spot for semis and I'd love one with GK internals,

That transparent pickup mounting ring - did you 3d print that yourself or is it something for sale?

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Silent

to aliensporebomb
This is Harley Benton - just looks semi-acoustic! :)

to arkieboy
I made it myself with old school method (with hands).
But maybe I can help with that.

pasha811

Quote from: Silent on January 09, 2022, 06:41:34 AM
to aliensporebomb
This is Harley Benton - just looks semi-acoustic! :)

to arkieboy
I made it myself with old school method (with hands).
But maybe I can help with that.

The plastic piece is cut perfectly. Great mastery in your hands!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

2pods

Fender G5 Strat, PRS SE Santana/w TriplePlay

joo1

Silent

I have a short recording on youtube from previous installation on PRS Santana and sound is the same.
Here is the link - you can listen