Tripleplay and Fishman Support

Started by FishmanSQA, December 23, 2021, 09:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSQA

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to drop a line and let you know I'm back at Fishman and will be checking here from time to time to see if I can assist with any issues or concerns with Tripleplay or other products we carry.
Of course, if you need direct assistance, please shoot us an email at Support@Fishman.com and we will get you sorted out.

Happy Holidays to all!

- Sara L.
Fishman Inc.

admin

Quote from: FishmanSQA on December 23, 2021, 09:06:06 AM
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to drop a line and let you know I'm back at Fishman and will be checking here from time to time to see if I can assist with any issues or concerns with Tripleplay or other products we carry.
Of course, if you need direct assistance, please shoot us an email at Support@Fishman.com and we will get you sorted out.

Happy Holidays to all!

- Sara L.
Fishman Inc.

Welcome back Sara,

VGUITARFORUMS.COM is honored that Fishman provides your excellent after the sale support to your customers here .
We missed you

Happy Holidays!

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850

Chumly

Good to know Sara L.  I have a few devices including an FC-1 and a Godin Session Custom Triple Play.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

kenact

Quote from: Chumly on December 25, 2021, 12:55:07 AM
Good to know Sara L.  I have a few devices including an FC-1 and a Godin Session Custom Triple Play.

I'll see your FC-1 and a Godin Session Custom Triple Play, and raise you a Godin Montreal Premier Triple Play. :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

kimyo

thank you sara for all the able assistance you have provided to me, both here and directly via email.

your prompt, comprehensive answers to my questions are greatly appreciated.  my rating: five stars.

you can be sure that when i need guitar tech i will go to fishman first. 

B2001

Sarah:

You replied to a request i had by email a few weeks ago . I appreciate your quick response.

I had a few questions; thought i would post here for a larger audience to see response.

I ended up getting a triple play connect. Love it so far. I am using it with a windows 10 notebook and reaper daw software.

Still learning how best to use it (used it for about 4 to 5 times) and probably need to do a better setup on my guitar.

In reaper, there are 2 different midi devices:

triple play connect
midiin2 (triple play connect)

Same situation for midi out devices.

I am successfully using tpc...
What is the purpose of the other set, midiin2 and midiout2? Seems i read somewhere control for one and data for the other?

What do the top and bottom buttons on the connect do? Can't seem to fond anything anywhere.

What are the available modes with the connect and how do you get into them and out of them?

Maybe some or all the answers might be on fishman site or this site; still sorting my way thru although most seems to be about the wireless or the connect and an ipad.

Thanks for any responses!

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: B2001 on January 23, 2022, 05:25:25 PM
1. In reaper, there are 2 different midi devices:
triple play connect
midiin2 (triple play connect)
Same situation for midi out devices.

I am successfully using tpc...What is the purpose of the other set, midiin2 and midiout2? Seems i read somewhere control for one and data for the other?

2. What do the top and bottom buttons on the connect do? Can't seem to fond anything anywhere.

3. What are the available modes with the connect and how do you get into them and out of them?

I work with Sara, so I thought I would try to answer for you.
1. MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2 (on Windows) and TP Control (on Mac) are used to communicate between the TriplePlay software and the TriplePlay controller. You should disable these MIDI ports in your DAW software. Recording them will give you duplicated MIDI messages in your tracks, and other MIDI junk that you don't want.
2. The two buttons you are asking about are Up and Down buttons. Up is the button closest to the pickup wire. If you are running the Fishman TriplePlay Mac/Win software or plugin, these buttons move you through patches in the current list. In the iOS Connect app for iPad, they are assignable within the app.
When using the controller standalone, meaning no Fishman software, in Basic mode (the default power up mode) they will step between a range of MIDI program change numbers, and pressing both at the same time will toggle between pitch bend enabled and disabled. In Hardware mode (which you can enter by holding the Up button while connecting to USB/powering up) these buttons step between Hardware patches, which are stored in the controller and can be programmed by the FTP Mac/Win software.
3. Maybe some of my verbiage for #2 answers part of this question. I'm guessing that you are *not* currently using the TriplePlay software, but if not, you might want to install it and run it at least once to allow you to fine-tune the individual string sensitivities, which are stored in the controller. If you want to have full control over the way that Connect tracks, you will want to edit and save one or more Hardware patches. In each Hardware patch you can adjust things like transposition, how the controller responds to string bending, picking style, and more.
I'll try to keep an eye out for any further questions you might have after trying some of things I am describing here. Hope that this is helpful!

B2001

Thanks for the very thorough response!

1. So it appears I am using the tp midi devices correctly and had those two devices as you specify disabled.

3. So I did download the tp software as well as the synthmaster and komplete software and have a tp standalone as well as a vsti accessible within my reaper daw.

I have been setting the tp input midi device on a track and either applying the tp vsti on the track or just applying another vsti as desired. Both ways work for me.

I also have scanned for these vstis within the tp vsti; not all will discover but enough do.

When in the tp vsti, i would single click on synthmaster1 on split1 to change a preset or double click to change to another vsti.

Your response helps me now on how to access patches (I had the default hardware synth factory patch loaded).

Playing around with this and reading the user manual in more detail should help.

Your response got me started and I appreciate that!

phals2002

Hi Sara or whoever in FishmanSQA account, I have problem with my high E pole in triple play pickup. It is not functioning while other strings were OK.
Do you have any trick or suggestion to fix this?
Thank you very much

Elantric

Quote from: Bluesbird on August 27, 2023, 05:49:25 AMYou may want to specify that you are seeking repair advice on a non-functioning high e pickup of a Fender Tripleplay Stratocaster with factory installed Tripleplay electronics.
https://support.fender.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01431

ampedup

I have a question about an annoying thing tripleplay does. When I open Cakewalk daw it will add itself as the midi source to tracks with vst instruments. Ezdrummer will start playing drum hits when I play guitar, even though I always set Ezdrummer midi to "none". This mostly happens if I open the tripleplay stand alone to tune my guitar.

szilard

Quote from: ampedup on August 30, 2023, 07:26:58 AMI have a question about an annoying thing tripleplay does. When I open Cakewalk daw it will add itself as the midi source to tracks with vst instruments. Ezdrummer will start playing drum hits when I play guitar, even though I always set Ezdrummer midi to "none". This mostly happens if I open the tripleplay stand alone to tune my guitar.
That's not triple play, that's Cakewalk. none doesn't mean no input. It's probably best to ask about it on the Cakewalk forum. I have CbB setup so I need to enable input echo for external controllers to trigger vstis.