Started by belfast, October 28, 2021, 03:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfast

Hi all I thought I was ok at techstuff
No most things about fractal audio and vgstuff
Along with the rjm GT 22

But I can not get the trippleplat software to work
Keep getting missing plugin
Synthmaster works fine but all the other stuff show up red...
Cheers Søren

Axe 3
Rjm gt22

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: belfast on October 28, 2021, 03:01:54 AM
...I can not get the trippleplat software to work
Keep getting missing plugin
Synthmaster works fine but all the other stuff show up red...

Assuming I am understanding, you probably clicked "Install" for the Legacy Factory Patch Library. The installer prompt asked you to click "Skip" for a new install. In short, those old packages are no longer supported/provided by the 3rd party companies that previously licensed them to us. I suggest you try going to the Native Instruments website and getting/installing "Komplete Start". We provide several patch libraries for that, which you can install (once Komplete Start is installed and working) by choosing "Install Library..." from the Options menu, and look in Documents/TriplePlay Libraries. Hope this helps!

belfast

Thanks for the quick reply

so none of the stuff thats on the iso- file I Downloaded from the fishman website works ?

belfast

All i wantvis to use Trippleplay as a standalone
With some standard GM sounds piano, strings etc. Etc.

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: belfast on October 28, 2021, 09:49:26 AM
All i wantvis to use Trippleplay as a standalone
With some standard GM sounds piano, strings etc. Etc.

As you probably know, TriplePlay is a MIDI guitar controller. It comes bundled with some example sounds, and the exact sounds that are bundled can vary over the years.

I have written here on this subject a couple of times in the past year or so, but just to clarify for those who are coming across it for the first time, many of the companies that provided these plugins to us in the past (EastWest, Native Instruments, IK Multimedia) no longer support them, and they do not offer any similar packages that we can offer.

My take on what is going on is, in the past these plugin companies thought that it would help increase market share by providing these plugins to Fishman (and other companies) at a discounted rate, but now they are justifiably trying to cash in on that investment.

So the Fishman Legacy patch library will not work unless you already have SampleTank 3, Kontakt 5, etc. and the associated content already installed and working. We tried to gently discourage folks from installing the legacy patches in every other case. When installing the software, there is a prompt, "Install legacy TriplePlay Factory patch library? Choose skip if this is a first-time install." But I hear you, clearly this is just confusing for folks.

Similarly, the EastWest patch libraries only will work if you have the associated content already installed and working. EastWest will no longer sell you the TriplePlay-related content. We provide the EastWest patch libraries for customers who already have that content installed and working.

We now provide SynthMaster One, plus patch libraries for the same, and patch libraries for NI's Komplete Start (you have to obtain the plugin and content directly from NI). We also provide a small number of patch libraries for some free plugins. Finally, you can make your own patches (and even patch libraries) for nearly any VST plugin that you might have.

You should be able to get CheezeMachine 2, TickyClav 2, Dexed, Tyrell, and the three NI patch libraries (for NI's free Komplete Start) working by installing the associated plugins. I recommend you uninstall the Legacy patch library, and the EW patch libraries.

If you want a broad variety of sounds I suggest you learn how to make your own TriplePlay patches (I can help with this if you have questions) and then use something like EastWest Composer Cloud X which is $20/month. Or you can buy NI Komplete, or on a lesser budget IK SampleTank. If money is very tight, then you can look around for free VST virtual instrument plugins, for example here is some info on free pianos:
https://output.com/blog/best-free-piano-vsts

belfast

Thanks but its a pretty bad customer care when all there product videos state that you get it for free
and also why put it all in there latest download iso file....

Returning it as we speak....

admin

Quote from: belfast on October 31, 2021, 09:17:55 AM
Thanks but its a pretty bad customer care when all there product videos state that you get it for free
and also why put it all in there latest download iso file....

Returning it as we speak....

Always review the Year and  Date of the posted video ( most are from 2015 era

With Software based support for the Synth collection from third parties, it pays to realize most titles are no longer supported in 2021

Chumly

Hi FishmanSoftware,

Any views on NI Komplete vs. a used Roland Integra 7 for live use with FTP / TRP-FC1 for bread and butter emulative sounds? 

I'm thinking a used Roland Integra 7 would be more reliable, less costly, less fiddly than NI Komplete  / laptop  / audio interface, but that NI Komplete would be better in terms of the range, quality and expressive capability of the actual sounds.

For clarification, I already have FTP / TRP-FC1, so I'm not tied to using a laptop when playing live. I suppose I might even be happy enough live with a ROLAND XV 5080 if the MIDI functionality is up to par.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

admin

Quote from: Chumly on October 31, 2021, 05:07:53 PM
Hi FishmanSoftware,

Any views on NI Komplete vs. a used Roland Integra 7 for live use with FTP / TRP-FC1 for bread and butter emulative sounds? 

I'm thinking a used Roland Integra 7 would be more reliable, less costly, less fiddly than NI Komplete  / laptop  / audio interface, but that NI Komplete would be better in terms of the range, quality and expressive capability of the actual sounds.

For clarification, I already have FTP / TRP-FC1, so I'm not tied to using a laptop when playing live. I suppose I might even be happy enough live with a ROLAND XV 5080 if the MIDI functionality is up to par.

For live use, I need tools with fast patch change

That places a preference for Tripleplay with FC-1 5 pin MIDI Out driving a hardware synth as superior vs a software based computer rig

Chumly

I have found the same my friend, I guess it becomes a question of which hardware device best suits.  AFAICT both the XV5080 and the Integra 7 check all the right boxes for guitar synth MIDI implementation, therefore it's just a question of cost / performance between the two. 

Unless of course you would consider one of these boxes to be superior from a guitar synth MIDI implementation perspective?  I guess that would be MIDI Mono Mode at a minimum (hmmm...lots of m's).  Mode 4 (or MPE if newer hardware) to be most specific.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

PeterPan8

For what it's worth: East West has discontinued all of their MIDI Guitar Libraries (Orchestra-Soundscapes....) None are offered on their website. I have the Teaser pack and full MIDI Guitar Orchestra, and wanted to check if their were any 2021 Thanksgiving specials.  None.

So I wrote them, and got a nice answer telling me that I could get each package for $45 or the whole bundle for $199.  For those who remember, they used to sell each package at that latter price. I bought two packages for $99. That was my Thanksgiving deal!

Chumly

Looks like five:

MIDI Guitar Series Vol 1: Orchestra is comprised of 190 instruments divided into 4 categories: Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, and Percussion. In total, this volume contains over 18 GB of 16 bit / 44.1 kHz samples. Spanning the multi-award winning virtual instrument collection of Symphonic Orchestra, these instruments were recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, now redesigned for use with MIDI guitar controllers.

MIDI Guitar Series Vol 2: Ethnic and Voices is comprised of 120 instruments divided into 4 categories: Bowed, Plucked, Voices, and Wind. In total, this volume contains over 17 GB of 16 bit / 44.1 kHz samples. Comprised from multiple award winning virtual instrument collections that includes Ra, Silk, Voices of Passion, Ghostwriter, Fab Four and Goliath, these instruments have been redesigned specifically for MIDI guitar controllers.

MIDI Guitar Series Vol 3: Soundscapes is designed for inspiration, to build a track using these sounds as a foundation. Soundscapes is comprised of 72 instruments. In total, this volume contains over 11 GB of 16 bit / 44.1 kHz samples. Spanning multiple award winning virtual instrument collections including Ghostwriter, Goliath, The Dark Side, these instruments have been redesigned specifically for MIDI guitar controllers.

MIDI Guitar Series Vol 4: Guitar and Bass Why take so many guitars to a gig when you can switch between the guitars in this vast collection? Guitar and Bass is comprised of 94 instruments divided into 2 categories: Guitar and Bass. In total, this volume contains nearly 38 GB of 16 bit / 44.1 kHz samples. In addition to the instruments redesigned for MIDI guitar controllers from award winning collections of Ministry of Rock 1 & 2, The Dark Side, Ghostwriter, and Fab Four, this volume also contains two new guitars, one acoustic and one electric. These two guitars have been deeply sampled and include the entire range of notes on each string, giving even more flexibility when used with MIDI guitar controllers. Use the electric with the built in Amp Simulator with it's 80 Amp Presets.

MIDI Guitar Series Vol 5: Keys and Percussion is comprised of 91 instruments divided into 2 categories: Keyboards and Percussion. In total, this volume contains nearly 23 GB of 16 bit / 44.1 kHz samples. These instruments are redesigned specifically for MIDI guitar controllers and are comprised of multiple award winning virtual instrument collections that includes Ghostwriter, The Dark Side, Goliath, Fab Four, Ministry Of Rock, and ProDrummer.

PeterPan8

Chumly

PM received and understood and much appreciated!

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: Chumly on October 31, 2021, 05:07:53 PM
Hi FishmanSoftware,

Hi Chumly, sorry I did not see your question until now. Not sure if you are still looking for advice, but any decent multi-timbral hardware synth will work quite well with TriplePlay + FC-1. I have heard a lot of good things about the Integra 7, and it is one of the few remaining rack mount options. Your assessment is essentially correct. Using a laptop with plugins, such as NI Komplete will arguably give you access to more realistic sounds, but it is not as easy to get everything working correctly, and not as road-worthy. Only you can say if you prefer the sound of one thing or another, but it sounds like you are on the right path for your needs.

Chumly

Thank you for getting back to me FishmanSoftware, I'm probably going to go with a Roland Integra 7 for live use and try and keep the laptops at home.  I have a laptop graveyard (don't we all?) to attest to the fragility and planned obsolescence of laptops.  My three year old Asus i5 PC laptop (for example) has a broken hinge and a contrast problem with the LCD.  I could fix it all (I have the tools etc.) but it's probably not cost or time effective and there is always the possibly I will not succeed in my repair efforts.