How useable is the TriplePlay for practising bass/alternate guitar tunings?

Started by peanutismint, October 24, 2021, 01:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutismint

I get that a lot of people want to use the Triple Play for inputting MIDI data or playing pianos/synths/other kinds of instruments on their guitar, but what if I just want to turn an electric guitar into a bass, or an acoustic, or mess with different tunings/virtual capo etc....

Is the Fishman Triple Play useful for things like that? Or does it all depend on what apps you run it through? Are there any good virtual bass/acoustic modeller apps for iPhone/iPad? Or just guitar VSTs with pitch shifting functions that would allow me to experiment with different virtual tunings or virtual capo etc??

kimyo

i've only tried the east west sample pack, which does have some nice acoustic sounds, but it's not available anymore and is nothing like the acoustics you'd get from a gp-10 or sy-1000 in terms of playability.

re: virtual tunings, if you can imagine it, the ftp can deliver it, either thru their app or via the daw of your choice.

for bass, try midi guitar 2.  you can also alt-tune that to your heart's content.