Call & Response Patches

Started by Yadrichik Chaya, October 04, 2021, 01:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yadrichik Chaya

Would love to play with several different "call & response" patches where you play a certain thing and the line you just played comes back with a whole nother sound via a delay but also with say a harmonizer and stuff like that so one can explore new things :)

Can anyone maybe give me some hints how to achieve good sounding variations of different "call & response" patches? All help/hints appreciated :)

mooncaine

I've done this on a VG-99, just to toy with it:
On channel A, a guitar or synth sound
On channel B, a different sound, and a delay with effect level 100 (or less), but direct level at 0.
I've thought about giving channel B a different harmony setting, but I can't recall if I tried it. How about that?
You can set the delays to note intervals, like whole note, and then set the tempo separately. The response sounds can be timed to the music that way, see?

Brak(E)man

This example is not exactly what you're asking about but using the
divider and some other fx blocks like a delays , harmonizer, slicer etc

To be noted, the master delay works like an old analog delay which means that you can change the time (for instance with a wave pedal assign) then the playback speed and pitch will also change (without digital clicks etc).
(The other delays doesn't work that way without digital clicks and other noise)
It's a fairly easy way and you can use all instruments + normal input
if you want to.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29838.0

(Also the sequencer is a possibility to change a phrase or a note.
I've used it to have moving pads fi
Like in this example played live.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29334.0
I think the sequencer might be powerful to use for what you're asking together with some delays.)
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch