Artificial noises with cab sims through headphones at high volume!-HELP please!

Started by sultan, October 03, 2021, 03:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultan

Goodmorning to all!
Lately I decided to give the GT100's cab sims a try with my band, since we are all using IEM at our new rehearsal space. (small space and no PA- we go straight to our Beringer console and have our individual mixes in our IEM's). With the Boss input level at(-16) I have no clipping issues, all the volume meters at the console are at -12Db and I use moderate gain in all my patches in the amp models and OD blocks. The problem is that I can't hear my self quite enough as there are some artificial noises appearing even in edge of breakup kind of sounds, mainly at the bass side of the spectrum after a certain level. These noises are there no matter where I plug the output cable. Even used a TRS cable from the phones output. The output select is always on Line/Phones. These artificial distortion noises appeared in our rehersal recordings and also when I plug in my Scarlet Solo at home(Scarlet input gain at 9 O'clock and headphones volume at noon-which is pretty low)
Boss output level is also at noon and patch levels all at noon (100). Here I also need to mention that I have recorded my dry signal (output select in stack return-left in Orange pedal baby and actual cab / right straight in the console input) in our rehearsal room in order to add IR's afterwards at the mixing stage and there were no such noises. I tried to switch on and off individual effects blocks in order to eliminate the problem but no results. It seems that with the boss cab sims engaged these noises are always there. No hum or ground loop noises as well.
Sooo... before I pull the trigger on an FRFR speaker (in order to have the abillity to hear myself without IEM's and keep my sounds the same no matter where we play) and since I have found that I can get very good tones from the GT with the cab and mic sims, please advise if you have come across this problem. I know my GT100 pretty well and we have a tech savvy drummer who knows his way around level ballancing and our console, so we are convinced that it is not an input or output level issue, nor a gain or patch level issue. Nor are my in ears which are crystal clear at high volumes by other sources, so It must be the GT's cabs. I will not try a factory reset, not until you guys throw a couple of ideas and mainly because I don't want to lose any version updates (if there is such an option, I never thought of a reset until now so please also advise about that as well).
Thank you all in advance for your insights and I hope that I will not go in the trouble of updating / change my current setup, as the GT 1000 is still kind of pricey for me! ;D
Sorry for the long post and I thank you all again for the feedback and this great community!

pauloshure

I had a problem similar to yours at the church I go to, I lowered the volumes on the gt-100 to be equal to clean and drive/distortion what happened and that when I reduced it on the gt-100 the guy at the table had to increase a lot on the table to be able to hear what I was playing, in short, it increases on the table to compensate for the volume. The result is a lot of hiss, I increased the volumes it reduced on the table and everything was resolved... I believe that your case is the same thing, increase the volumes on the gt-100 and regulates on the other device.