hello from nyc to-->vic

Started by windy, March 19, 2013, 05:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy

hey all,

I am a multidisciplinary media professional from Brooklyn. I have worked in a variety fields as a designer, artist, creative director, writer, and more. I have never worked as a musician and my knowledge of music is fairly basic. I have played guitar for a good 15 years or so though, I truly love it. Soon I will be moving to Victoria, Australia as I married an australian lady and we are nearing the end of our path here in NY.

I have gone through a bunch of guitars in my life and got rid of most of my possessions over the last few years for the impending move. I used to have some roland gear and a GK pickup on a crappy Jackson. I've wanted to get back into midi guitar/ guitar synthesis for quite some time.

I currently have only 1 guitar, a custom Blackbird Super OM carbon fiber acoustic. I have a fretless version with Fishman Triple Play being made that will provide a small step back into the world of guitar synth music. I have been thinking a bit too hard about the new Gittler guitar too. Really hard, I wake up and it's in my head demanding entry into my life. I'm afraid that before long it will show up here and I'll be five grand poorer.

Here is a 48 sec. clip but be warned - most of these videos were recorded right into my webcam and the fuzz will make an audio purist want to track me down and punch me in the mouth. I have since picked up a good microphone and future recordings will have much more clarity.

I look forward to sharing/learning with all of you!

shawnb-fgn

Welcome!   Pllease share pix of your ftp guitar, once done!

Shawn
Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp

shawn-fgn

Welcome to the forum. Also, cool guitar!

windy

thanks dudes! I will definitely post a pic of the FTP guitar when it's complete. The guitar in most of those videos is just a cheap yamaha silent string. I got rid of it but plan on picking up another after I move as I have a bit of a soft spot for that thing.