New Mixer Series from Behringer

Started by DF400-fgn, March 10, 2013, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DF400-fgn

I'm sure you all have taken note of Behringer's X32. Now they released more in the same series: a Compact version, a Producer's version, and a Rack version. I was about to take the plunge with the ProSonus Studio Live, but the specs on these look impressive. I love Midas boards, but don't care much for Behringer's previous releases. Has anyone worked with one of these?

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Home.aspx

shawn-fgn

I haven't used or owned much gear made by Behringer. I'm very skeptical about them just because I heard so many bad things about their quality control over the years. Supposedly, they've stepped up their game and have overcome the issues they faced in the early years of their company.

Anyway, the X32 looks like an impressive piece of gear and it looks like there are some favorable reviews online. I'm not in the market for this type of mixer right now. But if I were, I'd definitely consider it.

gumbo-fgn

I think, like anything in the category of "Designed in Germany, Made in China" one takes one's chances...however, having said that, I have used a couple of their earlier models within a band for 7 years without any issues...

..I own a number of Behringer products in my pile of bits, and haven't really had any problems..   caveat: I AM an old bugger, and probably don't throw things about the stage as much these days as I once might have....   ::)

Johnnyurq-fgn

These are actually getting good reviews from the likes of Sound on Sound and users on the forum there.

As well as upping their game it seems they now own MIDAS who do/did some excellent touring and live venue mixing desks, like the Heritage.

So the pres and other tech in them are essentially lifted from their MIDAS IP and tech they bought over. So for once they own the stuff they are shall we say "paying homage" to.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug12/articles/behringer-x32.htm

One thing that everyone is saying that it is the biggest bang for your buck mixer/console around and with the tech parachuted in from MIDAS the only thing is how it stands up to the being on the road. In a venue setting where it never moves it should be a winner though.

In the UK they are a shade over £2000 street price and not I am sure what that translate street price wise in the US and other places.

I reckon if I had the need and the money it would be a no brainer. Not a Behringer fanboy by the way but some of their kit is good and looking to get better through acquisition of companies and tech like MIDAS.

DF400-fgn

Yeah, I becoming a believer. They are packed with features. However, I also wonder how they will hold up to the road wear. It doesn't seem that long ago when a desk with half these features was way out of reach of the gigging musician -