Ableton Live 9 & Push - out now

Started by MCK-fgn, March 06, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCK-fgn

New version out. Interesting new hardware controller.

Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Zummooz-fgn

Cubase and Ableton ..... come on Logic

It must be just me ...
But for some strange reason, I just can't get the grip of Ableton, i've tried and tried.
Just something about it ...
So I gave up ... ::)
I've used other DAW's too, but keep going back and using Logic & Cubase, mostly Logic.
Suppose it depends what you like / how you work and your own setup and what you have toy wise.
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Elantric-fgn

I just upgraded to Live 9, with a Push arriving in 12-16 weeks.

Ableton Live is not like any other DAW, but once you get into it, it is the right tool for flexible live performance  / and looping today  - its not just for DJ's
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

dalai_llama-fgn

Quote from:  Elantric on March 07, 2013, 11:40:16 AM

Ableton Live is not like any other DAW, but once you get into it, it is the right tool for flexible live performance  / and looping today [...]

+1! Live has its own logic (pun intended!) Very much unlike other DAWs. :)

I've been using both for years now, and I agree with you: Live's low memory usage and flexibility are just great. There are ups and downs to both Logic and Live, which I posted in greater detail in other forums but can't find that to repost here. I can go deeper into the topic if need be.

That being said, the implementation of midi in Logic 8 and greater versions is lacking, but Ableton Live is even worse. To use midi guitar, at times you have to be very creative and use some serious workarounds. Live filters Program Change messages in all channels but 1. So you have to multiply your midi ports and transmit each port on channel 1 to get all 6 strings to perform correctly. :-\  And that's just one, there are others...