Gibbo Guitar Tech survey

Started by Zummooz-fgn, August 31, 2012, 05:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zummooz-fgn

Hi all, hope all are well.
Anyone else get a email   ???

Now years and years later ..........
They actually want to here from us    ::)    and give them feedback.   ;)

------------------------
Our records show that you registered one of our advanced technology guitars listed below:

HD.6X
Robot
Dark Fire
Dusk Tiger
Les Paul 2010 Standard Limited
Firebird X

We are conducting a survey about these guitars and would appreciate hearing your feedback.
--------------------------

But ... I sold my DF   :P

Now let me see .... I have seen bugger all about the FirebirdX, I mean by anyone that actually owns one.
That survey is going to take Elantric a while to do. I think he has 4 of those, may-be even 5
Not only that, I can only imagine what he'll comment about for each of those.   ;D

I get the idea they are actually seeing if it is worth their $$$$$ to keep going on that path.

Cheers all   ;D
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

photonutalan1-fgn

Hi Zum! Yep, I received  one yesterday, but haven't looked at/responded yet. An interesting development :D

simont-fgn

The nerve of them!!  >:(

I 'd love a copy if anyone would like to e-mail me as I have few things to say!!  ;D

cheers

Elantric-fgn

Nope, I did not get one of those surveys. I doubt they actually want any more of my opinions, nor do I believe there is anyone there currently who comprehends what I would have told them. Actually for technology, Epiphone division has better internal resources, and engineering talent.

Case in point, all piezo bridge pickup guitars they make with hex output are rather useless in real world high decibel rock and roll gig situations.
Back in 2009, we shared the problem with Gibson, with zero results. So we created our own fix here:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=159

At the end of the day, these guitars tend to be used in bedrooms by geeks.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I'm about as geeky as anybody.

But I value my early years when I was a Fulltime musician, playing gigs at least 20 dates per month as my sole income with my stock 1974 Gibson Les Paul (purchased new when I was 19) as my main guitar. It taught me the importance of gear reliability, and the importance of developing decent chops, knowing how to be a performer, and timing, and knowing what not to play, and knowing how to rip it up and set the fretboard on fire when it's your time to shine.
There is a fine line between genius and just plain foolishness.

Im still happy I got the prettiest Dark Fire I ever saw. But sadly the technology is not sustainable- its currently in its case awaiting the day I have time to try to revert to the original firmware. The joke of being handed a shower of white noise using the Dusk Tiger firmware, in the Dark Fire to enable Chameleon Mode and the noise and extra hiss due to the internal Parametric EQ circuit which is the heart of "Chameleon Mode" is such a turn off, it's more interesting to just consider putting mine in a glass display case where it never gets touched, or dinged or played.

Maybe I'll sell it when I'm 95 , owing to inflation it might just cover 2 weeks Hospice care fees in 2050

To me, I can sum up the experience of owning a Gibson Dark Fire is like dreaming of one day owning a pristine Ferrari Testarossa , then forgetting the impracticality of actually using it for your daily go to work / grocery run commuter vehicle.

These days I play and earn money each week with surf band playing my $400 Korean DiPinto Galaxie IV.

It's silver sparkle dune buggy , arcade bumper car metal flake finish.  flashy as all get out, I always get other guitarists wanting to know "what in the world is That?" and with its fantastic neck and flawless factory fret job, it serves as a perfect platform for me to transmit my spirit and passion thru my fingers to a paying audience who always wants to come back to hear more. Now that's a guitar that gets down to business and gets the job done.

Unlike my Dark Fire which last time I played it , all I got was nice simulation of high velocity wind sound like Hurricane Katrina. Everyone at the jam session was quite happy to see me put it back in its case, and play my Gretsch Brian Setzer 6120SSU instead.

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2400109812

After 30 seconds of playing the Gretsch I realized the joy of owning a high class musical instrument that is worth every penny I spent for it - it a timeless work of art.

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

PLexxiTronic

Yes. I went ahead and completed their survey. Sure, why not?

MCK-fgn

No survey email for me either. Wonder why...  ;D
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0